[SOLVED] plugging/unplugging the power to the monitor might break it ?

Theoderic321

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
Hello, today a good friend of mine told me that his monitor wont turn on anymore and he thinks it might be because he was plugging the power cable in and out.
can monitors really break because of that, and how do you properly disconnect the cable without damaging anything ?
and how long do monitors last anyway ?

I know some of the questions I most here sound really dumb.

Solution
Hello, today a good friend of mine told me that his monitor wont turn on anymore and he thinks it might be because he was plugging the power cable in and out.
can monitors really break because of that, and how do you properly disconnect the cable without damaging anything ?

No harm in that. Take a look here: :)

Lutfij

Titan
The ideal method for disconnecting any device off their respective (power)connectors, outside of the display cables, is to power down the device, then turn off the wall socket switch and then disconnect the power plug from the device.

If you're talking about disconnecting and reconnecting the display cable from a display, then you're in no risk of damaging the display unless your crib has a grounding issue.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

No harm in that. Take a look here: :)

Solution

Theoderic321

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
The ideal method for disconnecting any device off their respective (power)connectors, outside of the display cables, is to power down the device, then turn off the wall socket switch and then disconnect the power plug from the device.

If you're talking about disconnecting and reconnecting the display cable from a display, then you're in no risk of damaging the display unless your crib has a grounding issue.
you mean if i have an extension cable with a powerswitch on it ?
(thanks)