Pluto Laptop PCIe

Feb 15, 2020
Hi everyone. I’m new here so please bare with me.
I have 2 sets of laptop.
1 laptop, brand Pluto, is running intel cpu and integrated graphics but on the manufacturer website, it stated that it has a PCI express card(screenshot).
I have an older Acer laptop with intel cpu and AMD gpu. Can I unplug the gpu and install it on my Pluto laptop? Thanks in advance
E417707-E-C080-4657-BD32-1-B0-C0-C62-B1-E4.jpg

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Let's get the exact model of both your existing Acer laptop and the new "Pluto" laptop, preferably with links. A very generic feature list doesn't really provide much useful information. In all likelihood, this is just the mini PCIE slot that has the wireless card.

Feb 15, 2020
Let's get the exact model of both your existing Acer laptop and the new "Pluto" laptop, preferably with links. A very generic feature list doesn't really provide much useful information. In all likelihood, this is just the mini PCIE slot that has the wireless card.

thank you for your reply.
Acer Aspire 4738G(2011 model)
Pluto W540AU
There’s nothing much about the Pluto laptop, it’s a local brand that supplies laptops for students with financial needs whom couldn’t buy one from retail.
The manufacture link’s is dead, no idea why but there’s a cached page of it.
http://web.archive.org/web/20190210223257/http://www.pluto.com.sg/products.asp?cat=2

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I would be extremely surprised if you could transfer the Radeon HD6370M graphics. No way you can tell without specific knowledge of the that new laptop's motherboard. If it's a no-frills local brand, it would be highly unusual if it allowed you to do this. It's very likely your current laptop's GPU is soldered in anyway.

In any case, it's a moot point as I can't I imagine why you would want to do this; the HD6370M was a very, very low-end mobile GPU from a decade ago. The HD 5500 integrated GPU in the i5-5200U is far more powerful than the HD6370M.

Feb 19, 2020
Let's get the strict model of both your existing Acer laptop and the new "Pluto" laptop, preferably with links. A very generic feature list doesn't actually provide much useful information. In all likelihood, this is just the mini PCIE slot that has the wireless card.

TRENDING THREADS