Plz Help!! Blue Screen of Death.

SHAVEITUP

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
I turn on the my laptop which is a Gateway NE56R41u . And it show me "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart we're collecting some error info......
BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"

It then shows me
"Your PC couldn't start
File:\Windows\System32\
Error Code:0xc0000001"

It's a preinstalled Windows 8. Windows 8.1 is what I updated to. I'm trying to get to advance setting (I think that what's called.) No Luck.

Anyway to fix this? Thank you! :D

Solution
As the computer boots up, press either F8, or F11 or press and hold ALT-F11

I'm getting conflicting reports as to how to access the Restore function on that Gateway model, which is why there are so many different key suggestions. Basically, power the system on and immediately start spamming one of those keys (F8 or F11). If the first try doesn't work, power off, power on and immediately try the other key. In the case of the ALT-F11 option it's suggested to hold the 2 together while the laptop powers up.

Anyway, one of these options should get you into the system restore menu that is built into the computer. At this point, follow the directions for a factory restore.
WARNING: THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA OFF THE LAPTOP

If you're...

noahhicks

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
It's an error with your operating system. Files are missing or corrupted in Windows.

Best solution? System Restore or Windows Disks for a format and reinstall of your OS.
Lots of guides out there on how to do that. Google is your friend.

noahhicks

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
As the computer boots up, press either F8, or F11 or press and hold ALT-F11

I'm getting conflicting reports as to how to access the Restore function on that Gateway model, which is why there are so many different key suggestions. Basically, power the system on and immediately start spamming one of those keys (F8 or F11). If the first try doesn't work, power off, power on and immediately try the other key. In the case of the ALT-F11 option it's suggested to hold the 2 together while the laptop powers up.

Anyway, one of these options should get you into the system restore menu that is built into the computer. At this point, follow the directions for a factory restore.
WARNING: THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA OFF THE LAPTOP

If you're unsuccessful at this point, it's time to call customer support directly.

Solution