[SOLVED] Plz Help. I've returned 4 monitors now..

Sep 30, 2020
My current monitor (acer g236hl) is cracked and slowly dying so I was looking to replace it. I was looking for a budget monitor (80-150ish) that I could use for gaming among other things. The only issue is I've been through 4 monitors now that have all came with this irritating yellowish, vintage glow. All my previous monitors came out of the box without this issue, so now I'm at a loss. The only information I really gathered is the issue could be the "IPS glow" since all 3/4 of them were ips's with the 4th being VA. So my question is does anyone know any monitors within that price range that will absolutely not come with this yellowish abomination glow? Gamer specs would be cool but I'd value white glow over this yellow one above all. After 4 failed attempts any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
My current monitor (acer g236hl) is cracked and slowly dying so I was looking to replace it. I was looking for a budget monitor (80-150ish) that I could use for gaming among other things. The only issue is I've been through 4 monitors now that have all came with this irritating yellowish, vintage glow. All my previous monitors came out of the box without this issue, so now I'm at a loss. The only information I really gathered is the issue could be the "IPS glow" since all 3/4 of them were ips's with the 4th being VA. So my question is does anyone know any monitors within that price range that will absolutely not come with this yellowish abomination glow? Gamer specs would be cool but I'd value white glow over this yellow one...
My current monitor (acer g236hl) is cracked and slowly dying so I was looking to replace it. I was looking for a budget monitor (80-150ish) that I could use for gaming among other things. The only issue is I've been through 4 monitors now that have all came with this irritating yellowish, vintage glow. All my previous monitors came out of the box without this issue, so now I'm at a loss. The only information I really gathered is the issue could be the "IPS glow" since all 3/4 of them were ips's with the 4th being VA. So my question is does anyone know any monitors within that price range that will absolutely not come with this yellowish abomination glow? Gamer specs would be cool but I'd value white glow over this yellow one above all. After 4 failed attempts any help would be greatly appreciated!
Did you try cycling through the different display modes? Most monitors come with several preset display modes such as standard, warm, cinema, gaming etc..
On my old monitor the "warm" setting gave a light amber color to the screen like you described, but cycling the button to standard gave back the whites I wanted. You didn't list the monitor model of your replacement so I have no idea what display modes it may have.

Solution