[SOLVED] Plz help pc lagging on games

Binhwin

Prominent
Nov 11, 2019
Hello, my name is Binh and this is my first post to this website.
Long story short my pc keeps experiencing weird random lag spikes. So I bought my pc used about 7 months back. Spec list will be down below. So first off when I got it I bought GTA v and it ran it beautifully. I recently tried it and it’s laggy for me now. But my bigger weirder problem lies with outer worlds. It’s very weird. So the first time I played outer worlds I streamed it and got some weird lag. The game would experience random short stops for like half a second. Like the game was choppy? So I figured it was the stream. I turned it off and tried it again today w no stream and same exact lag. I switched the settings from very high to just high and got the exact same lag as when I was playing on very high and streaming. I’m very new to pc so any help would be so awesome. I ran a bench mark and these were the results
Here are the results UserBenchmarks: Game 74%, Desk 72%, Work 42%
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K - 75.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 79.4%
SSD: Tcsunbow X3 480GB - 91.1%
RAM: Unknown TEAMGROUP-UD4-2400 2x8GB - 79.9%
MBD: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 (MS-7977)

Again if anyone has anything’s I could do please let me know.
Thanks so much for reading!

Solution
well yeah cpu is made to run at 100% and should do try and optimize your graphics settings how many case fans do you have the more the better larger fans are quieter.

Binhwin

Prominent
Nov 11, 2019
so what PSU make and model have you got please.
It’s the Corsair cx750.
I ran some tests yesterday and learned my gpu was running at at 84+ c. I took it out yesterday cleaned a very dusty case and swapped the thermal. Tried game again got same lag, I will say it was a little better though. Gpu temps went way down but the 6600k is still at 100% work load. Is maybe the game just too demanding? Because I thought maybe other stuff is running in the back, and I checked. Nope the game hovers at around 80 usage.
Thanks for reading!
Binh

Binhwin

Prominent
Nov 11, 2019
well yeah cpu is made to run at 100% and should do try and optimize your graphics settings how many case fans do you have the more the better larger fans are quieter.
It’s liquid cooled ( Corsair brand forgot exact model) I’m using two vdc brushless Corsair fans inside. I was thinking of mounting another one but it’s hard due to the lack of room in case.