Question PNY 4080 throwing less score than average on Time Spy?

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hello there, so I bought this card and it arrived yesterday. It works just fine but after playing a bit and passing some tests I just found that its performance it's about 1.5-2k score points less than the average and I would like to know why. I just passed Time Spy a few times with different undervolt / stock settings just to check and to see if it's worth on terms of performance / consume / temps (it's very important to me to have lower temps).

Here are the pics:
w35kPg7.png

Undervolt at 935mv @ 2715mhz (2700mhz on test) and +900 on mems

T7slESY.png

Undervolt at 945mv @ 2715mhz (2700mhz on test) and +900 on mems

7UgHSUH.png

STOCK but with +150 on core and +400 on mems, FANS at FULL load

PQBfmmv.png

Everything on stock except for the fan curve

0BRedG4.png

gBS0KzK.png

rIKEgve.jpeg

I just included a picture of every Time Spy bench with the HWInfo screen, a GPU-Z screenshot and a picture of my PC.
As you can see, it throws me less score than average, no matter if I set a higher core and memory clock on stock settings. Any reason why does this happens?
And, lately, I would also like to know if my temperatures are fine.

Thank you.

This is my rig:
5800x3D
MSI x570 A-PRO
16x2GB 3600mhz
Noctua NH-D15
Bitfenix Formula 650w
Corsair 4000D
6 noctua fans (3 intake 3 exhaust)
Resolution is 3440x1440

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
so I bought this card and it arrived yesterday.
What card were you on prior? Did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers, then manually reinstalling with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command?

Bitfenix Formula 650w
How old is the PSU in your build? What did it power prior to RTX4080 and how old is the unit?

MSI x570 A-PRO
BIOS version for your motherboard?

Reactions: khrystiano

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
so I bought this card and it arrived yesterday.
What card were you on prior? Did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers, then manually reinstalling with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command?

Bitfenix Formula 650w
How old is the PSU in your build? What did it power prior to RTX4080 and how old is the unit?

MSI x570 A-PRO
BIOS version for your motherboard?
Hi, thanks for your answer.
I had a 7900XT (a little bit below the 4080 but gave me same score). I didn't DDU, I just fresh installed W10.

It is about 2 years old GPU. It did power same configuration except for the 7900XT.

Last version installed. I did it like 2 months ago before getting the 7900XT

TRENDING THREADS