PNY 8GB flash drive not showing on My Computer

NetuNime

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I got the 'PNY key attache' flash drive with my laptop, it worked fine up untill recently when I had it unplugged from the laptop for a few weeks (I normally had it plugged into one of the usb ports permanently). But now when I put it into any of the USB ports, it makes the sound that it's been plugged in but it won't show up on My Computer, it does flash for a mili second though. It shows up on 'Control Panel'- 'Devices and Printers' under 'Devices' and it is called 'mass storage device'. but when I look at properties it no longer says the Manufacturers name or the model number. There are some sentimental things on there and I hope the data hasn't been removed, I would greatly appreciate any help.

- I have Windows 8.

Put your pen drive on the slot, bring up cmd, and type chkdsk x: /f/r (x is the drive letter yours may be different). See how it works.

Or, try this software for data recovery http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Or, after plugging in the device. Go to device manager (In run type "devmgmt.msc") In Device manager go to "Universal serial bus controllers" It should list the storage devices that you have connected to your PC. Right click and then click "Uninstall. Remove the USB drive and restart your system.
Try connecting the device again, i think this should solve the problem.