PNY and Sony To Release Movies On USB Flash Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoq

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Who the hell is going to fork out 53 bucks for a 2 GB flash drive and a movie i would expect to find in the discount bin? Even 15$ for a 2GB flash pen seems a little steep.

sdcaliceli

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Hopefully movies will be placed on something as small as SD cards. Then Samsung's prediction of Blu-ray lasting no longer than roughly 5 years will be true. Assuming the capacities of this media will increase for High-Def and the prices stay reasonable.

nemo888

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
This is the Blu Ray killer!
My DVD player made by Phillips already plays internet movies from my USB stick and some compatible external HDD's and it is 3 years old now. MY TV has a usb port, but no software to decode movies. This is the future. Blu Ray is dead.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I agree that the choice of movies is questionable - after all, I only need to log onto Hulu to watch the full Ghostbusters movie (and its sequel, and dozens of others). True, I have to watch ads, but its a small price to play.

Also, I doubt the USB movie will be a Blu-ray killer. As the article mentions, the display quality is unknown as of yet. Even so, judging by the number of software manufacturers that have opted to use a dongle to secure their licensing, I'm going to guess that the movie dongle license system will be equally lack-luster in its appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS