News PNY Flaunts 4.5-Slot RTX 4090, RTX 4070 Blower GPUs

Apr 1, 2020
Next thing you know GPUs will come in their own liquid cooled external boxes and connect through the rear panel, along with external SSDs since they will have grown so large through the need of cooling.

Computers will become like component stereo systems...

Amdlova

Distinguished
Sure that’s great and all, but where’s my 4.725666667 slot card?
You need a mitutoyo caliper to know the size. Or will break your warranty... precision scale to weight before you put that on your pci-x slot our will break another warranty. After that you need to Calc your wires gauge of your power supply, know of the wires are made from cooper or aluminum coated with cooper...
Measure twice your connector plug once. After all this you can play some games.

Reactions: MetalScythe
May 19, 2023
You need a mitutoyo caliper to know the size. Or will break your warranty... precision scale to weight before you put that on your pci-x slot our will break another warranty. After that you need to Calc your wires gauge of your power supply, know of the wires are made from cooper or aluminum coated with cooper...
Measure twice your connector plug once. After all this you can play some games.
I laughed too hard at this 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you sir, geeky laughs are the best laughs.

Reactions: Amdlova
May 19, 2023
Or just switch things around: make the GPU the motherboard and plug a CPU card into it, then the GPU with its heatsink could occupy all of the space normally occupied by the CPU, VRM, DIMMs, etc.
Yep 🤣although, it’ll be nice once a newer standard than DIMM proliferates the consumer market. MRDIMM for example, I’m really excited about the bandwidth implications of it.

At least, until it’s economically viable to strap 32-64 GB of DRAM to the package itself (better yet - via TSVs/Cu bumps to the die itself).

May 19, 2023
If the multi-layer memory from a month or ago so pans out, we could be looking at 64GB single chips for about $20 in the next 5-10 years. Possibly even layered directly onto logic instead of as a separate chip.
I saw that! What’s also really exciting is the future CFET, that should make SRAM itself a lot denser too (not that 6T/8T SRAM will ever be a viable replacement economically/spatially for DRAM, but I digress). Maybe even DRAM too, although at 1T1C, it’s already pretty dense.

Amdlova

Distinguished
Find one 12700t on ebay 212us and get a crap board asrock b660m hvs (moseft and power sucks) will be my new gaming low power pc. Now I will wait for the graphics down a little bit ch