PNY GTX 660 ti performance with AMD in gaming

sniper360

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
I have a PNY GTX 660 Ti Performance Edition that I would like to pair with a low budget FX cpu/mobo strictly for light gaming...nothing else. The gaming is mainly on-line games like Heroes and Generals and World of Warships/Tanks etc. This is not a longevity PC and eventually will build a complete Intel setup for my son to replace this when he graduates. I have read many forums where they say the FX 6300 is great for budget but has a hard time with some games (tearing etc.). So I'm looking between the FX 6300, 8320 and 8350. Has anybody had this setup and how well did it work in most games? Not spending more than $350 for the setup.
Thanks in advance.

Eddyke1

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
The FX series are really poor for Gaming, i should get a intel processor. The multitasking is great for for the budget on FX series, but for gaming you don't use all cores and since AMD has alot slower cores than intel it might be smart to get a i3 4370 3.80GHz

davidarad02

Admirable

you are wrong. the 4370 is haswell and the 6100 is skylake, and of course skylake is going to be faster in single core performance, as its newer and better.
the 4370 is better in multi core operations, buts its also more expensive and uses older RAM.

Eddyke1

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

just trying to help. It's not like you will notice dramastic change. Maybe 2 fps.

davidarad02

Admirable

not a fan of you deleting your previous comment, but whatever. im just trying to tell you that the 6100 is better in all ways, and that CPU boss is never right.