PNY Launches 4G Professional SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
prices are... reasonable, not great, not bad, but the moment you read that these were pro drives, was i the only one thinking the prices would be jacked?

Mildly interesting news. SSDs are fun to keep track of, but there seems to be less news that isn't something about another company making SSDs or a new line using tech already used in several other lines of SSDs with the same capacities.

If only there was more news about improvements and such in SSDs. They happen, just not all too often. We hear more about other hardware.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Same controller, different company. I've been seeing the Crucial M4 128gb go for ~150 and even below 140$ recently. That aggressive pricing is going to be hard to beat. If I had to buy an SSD all over again (owned both the Corsair Force 3 while it was 200+ and currently the M4), I would without a sweat pick the m4. We all know it's a bit slower than the SF2281 controller, but a 80$ price difference will sway most consumers.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
'Enthusiast' market... meaning aimed at people enthusiastic about writing bigger checks ? :)

Going from a HD to an (any reasonable) SSD as a boot drive should give one quite a nice performance boost. Do the extra few % increase to a PRO model make an actual 'noticeable' difference in day-to day usage?

Servers, Render farms etc; I can understand. But Joe Blow playing games... I don't see it.

G

I don't believe you, I think you are trying to get people to sign up to sell stuff online so you can make money by commission by selling what you in fact are doing your self. Its called an internet ponzi scheme. And what does this have to do with SSD drives. Get a real job.

[citation][nom]someinternetdude[/nom]I don't believe you, I think you are trying to get people to sign up to sell stuff online so you can make money by commission by selling what you in fact are doing your self. Its called an internet ponzi scheme. And what does this have to do with SSD drives. Get a real job.[/citation]

Your kinda stating the obvious there. This lazycash and another post with a hidden URL (it's always the same one too, I check each time) seem to be the only two different spammers going around, lucky us that there aren't more. I'm surprised they even try because the vast majority of Tom's readers aren't stupid enough to fall for that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.