PNY Launches a Pair of XLR8 GTX 650 Ti Boost Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]matto17secs[/nom]GTX 650 Ti Boost in SLI:http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews [...] Boost_SLI/Faster than a 7970 GHz Edition for less than $400.[/citation]

Your link puts them as on-par with the Radeon 7970 GHz Edition. A mere 2% to 4% advantage is similar to the difference between the GTX 670 and the 680, yet we tend to call those cards as nearly identical. It'd be more realistic to say that they're faster than the Radeon 7970 and GTX 680, but on par with the Radeon 7970 GHz Edition.

[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Your link puts them as on-par with the Radeon 7970 GHz Edition. A mere 2% to 4% advantage is similar to the difference between the GTX 670 and the 680, yet we tend to call those cards as nearly identical. It'd be more realistic to say that they're faster than the Radeon 7970 and GTX 680, but on par with the Radeon 7970 GHz Edition.[/citation]
You mean this isn't a basketball game? You should tell that to some of the guys on the forums who think that a point or two advantage means they won the game.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) TechPowerUp, like Tom's Hardware, incredibly includes F1 in their test suite. The 7970 GHz comes in at a 200% advantage in that game over the GTX 650 Ti Boost SLI. Obviously, that skews the results some, and in the case of Tom's Hardware's 5 game test suite completely invalidates their composite results.

[citation][nom]matto17secs[/nom]You mean this isn't a basketball game? You should tell that to some of the guys on the forums who think that a point or two advantage means they won the game.Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) TechPowerUp, like Tom's Hardware, incredibly includes F1 in their test suite. The 7970 GHz comes in at a 200% advantage in that game over the GTX 650 Ti Boost SLI. Obviously, that skews the results some, and in the case of Tom's Hardware's 5 game test suite completely invalidates their composite results.[/citation]

Yes, that's what I mean and I do point that out to a lot of people on the forums when I'm around.

I also think that the sheer number of titles tested at TechPowerUp allows for F1 to not skew things much.

SvRommelvS

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
How are PNY cards and customer service? They are usually cheap or on sale, which I usually find worrisome in a product.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
The usual constraints with multi-card setups will apply; in any case, why grab two of these when you can get 7850s for a similar price which will walk all over them? I suppose it depends on the game, really, and if you want PhysX or not.

Power isn't a large consideration for some people, however I imagine the 7850s would use less in general.

I have one and have had really good results with their customer service. They have a lifetime warranty and they are an American company, which helps.

GTX 650 Ti Boosts, as blazorthon pointed out earlier, are on par with the 7850 according to the above TechPowerUp link (actually they "win" by a couple percent).

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]matto17secs[/nom]GTX 650 Ti Boost in SLI:http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews [...] Boost_SLI/Faster than a 7970 GHz Edition for less than $400.[/citation]

lowest price on newegg after rebate is 420$ on a 7970 ghz edition...
id pay the extra 20$ over dealing with sli

The GTX 650 Ti Boost is actually $170 on Newegg, so $340 a pair. You would be paying $80 more and you still wouldn't be able to enable GPU PhysX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS