PNY ti 4600 card won't fit in tyan tiger board?

liteandexp

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
I am a bit of a novice so this is probably a stupid question, but is there any reason that a newly bought PNY geforce4 Ti 4600 (AGP) wouldn't fit in my Tyan Tiger MPX S2466N motherboard? The AGP is 2x 4x compatable, but the slot where the metal on the outward facing end of the card should partialy slide down into looks like it's intentionally meant to stop it from fitting. Did I miss something?

Also, I need a setup that supports dual monitors and I mistakenly thought that by "dual monitor support" it meant that the PNY Verto ti 4600 could have two monitors connected to it. I suppose that's different than dual head which is probably what I need? If I can get this card to work, should I get a cheap PCI card for the second monitor? thanks for the help...

dhlucke

Polypheme
It'll fit. You just need to put a bit more muscle into it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It should fit fine. I don't know what you're seeing, but there's no reason I can find that it wouldn't. Just make sure it's in the case before you mount it.

The metal end has nothing to do with the board, it slides into a slot on the case.

Your card is supposed to support 2 monitors, doesn't it have one VGA and one DVI connector? You may need to buy a DVI to VGA adapter if one wasn't included.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>