ZavitGlobal

Commendable
May 31, 2019
So i bought in this week a PoE unmanaged switch, a Hikvision DS-3E0105P-E/M,
my question is:
When i connect the IP cameras to this switch the PoE is not working and of course the representative led aren't flashing.
What i did:
-I changed the cables from one Cat to another Cat
-I changed the output devices

What i did wrong, or maybe is wrong something with the switch?

~Thanks

Solution
I tested the switch with another camera and it is working, so the error is with my cameras,
maybe they are aren't compatible with eachother.

Thank you.
Your cameras would need to say they support the 802.3af or 802.3at standard to be compatible with that switch.
What model camera(s) are you trying to connect?
I did not know hikvision made switches.

There are multiple forms of PoE. The official one is 802.3af/at. This like your switch is what most switches support. Very few support any of the proprietary forms of PoE.

I will assume you are also using a hikvision camera. I think all hikvision cameras use the official one so it all should work together.

It should be as simple as that plug the camera in and it gets power. If you get any lights at all when you plug it in then the poe is likely working and it is something with the software on the camera.

Many of the hikvission cameras also have the ability to be powered via a dc power block. Maybe try that and see if you can get your switch to run as dumb switch.

Be very sure your cable is certified cable. PoE has even more trouble than data running over some of the fake cable you find on the market. The cable must be pure copper, no CCA. It also need wire size 22-24, do not use that flat or thin cable.

Reactions: ZavitGlobal

ZavitGlobal

Commendable
May 31, 2019
Your cameras would need to say they support the 802.3af or 802.3at standard to be compatible with that switch.
What model camera(s) are you trying to connect?

Sadly they are chinese cameras, yes they don't support these standards.
I resolved the problem with a POE injector and splitter.

Thanks for answering, have a nice night.