[SOLVED] PoE to Outlet Socket

Jared1027

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
Are there any options for connecting a PoE to an outlet socket?

I am looking into getting the Nest Cam (outdoor or indoor, battery) which comes with a weatherproof cable. I have PoE cables already routed to the outside of my house and am wondering if I can find a sort of switch or conversion piece that allows me to connect the Nest's weatherproof cable to the PoE cables.

(I'm aware that it would be physically easier to just use PoE security cameras instead of the Nest Cam, however, I'm hoping to keep to one system as I already have Nest products throughout the house)

Solution

I am looking into getting the Nest Cam (outdoor or indoor, battery) which comes with a weatherproof cable. I have PoE cables already routed to the outside of my house and am wondering if I can find a sort of switch or conversion piece that allows me to connect the Nest's weatherproof cable to the PoE cables.

(I'm aware that it would be physically easier to just use PoE security cameras instead of the Nest Cam, however, I'm hoping to keep to one system as I already have Nest products throughout the house)
There are adapters -- https://wasserstein-home.com/produc...-google-nest-cam-battery-made-for-google-nest
Did you not...

kanewolf

Titan

There are adapters -- https://wasserstein-home.com/produc...-google-nest-cam-battery-made-for-google-nest
Did you not google "nest cam poe adapter" ???

Reactions: Jared1027
Solution