[SOLVED] Point of Entry Filter for Cable Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurpriseSlayer1

Honorable
Jan 2, 2015
I have a cable block in my house where my cable comes in. At this spot, the cable hooks on to the cable block from Comcast and feeds the cable throughout my house. With the new installation of my MoCA adapters, I need to hook up a POE (point of entry) filter to the block. I thought I would just hook up the filter onto the "In" port on the cable block, then attach the cable from Comcast to that, thus block any bleeding of signal from my house. But on the cable block itself, there is a light for "power". After installing the POE filter between the "in" port and the Comcast cable, the power light for the block goes out and stays out. Am i hooking up the filter in the wrong location? Thanks for your input!

SurpriseSlayer1

Honorable
Jan 2, 2015
Nevermind everyone, I solved what I was looking for. This specific block (not sure about other blocks) used a coaxial power connection that eventually uses AC power to power the whole block.
The block I saw was plugged in much further away from the block, and I also did not know that these blocks used power.
So the second "in" connection was a data connection (excuse my ignorance if this is not the right term) from Comcast. Using the POE Filter and placing it on the data connector on the block, and plugging in the cable that runs from Comcast is the correct way to wire the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.