Question Point to Point in movement

Apr 7, 2019
Would it be possible to have a moving P2P connection? I have an Engenius EnstationAC installed in a location and want to know if it'd be possible to install the other end on the roof of a moving vehicle. There will be a clear line of sight throughout the whole drive. Its a relative short trip of about 1.5km .

Thanks in advance for an sort of help

kanewolf

Titan
The EnstationAC has a very narrow radio beam like a megaphone. That is one thing that allows it to receive/transmit at longer distances. Once you get out of the narrow viewport (like looking through a paper towel tube) you get no signal. If you were moving in a line toward or away from the Engenius in that narrow field of view it could work, but not a random path.

Apr 7, 2019
The EnstationAC has a very narrow radio beam like a megaphone. That is one thing that allows it to receive/transmit at longer distances. Once you get out of the narrow viewport (like looking through a paper towel tube) you get no signal. If you were moving in a line toward or away from the Engenius in that narrow field of view it could work, but not a random path.
If I use a Ubiquiti Rocket M2 with and omni antenna do you think that would increase chances of success? (Linked to another ubiquiti antenna).

Apr 7, 2019
Point to point or point to multipoint are designed to be fixed installations. What distances are you looking to cover?
The distance between the two fixed points is around 2 km. However between those two points I'll need a connection to the lan in a moving vehicle. If there's another way I'd love to know. Connecting through cellular routers and vpns is a problem since there isn't a strong cellular connection.