Poisoning from PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2019
5
0
10
0
Is there any possibility to be poisoned by your PC? I made a new build and the smell of the new hardware was a bit disturbing. My room is not ventilated properly and I was using the PC for like 16 hours non stop. Suddenly one day I felt really bad like I was sick my vision became blurry had headaches and my vision was too "slow" like I was drunk. Run to bed to rest and the next day I was really bad. So here I am and I am still [m]ucked up, my vision, my reflexes, I am dizzy all day long. So is it possible to get poisoned by the "fumes" of your PC?

Mod edit, watch the language.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 6, 2019
35
0
40
1
uh, no you cant get "poisoned" by your pc lol. that is 100% just a coincidence. and the smell was most liklely just the packing material used to protect your parts. a computer does give off any sort of fume
 

AngelTech

Notable
May 18, 2019
1,046
138
890
18
https://mcbia.com/ewasterecycle.com/?page_id=228 I'd go to the doctor if you feel that way tomorrow I am no doctor but all that from just a computer when so many have computers? it just doesn't seem right do note mercury can only harm you if said part with mercury cracks or shatters but again it's unlikely that it all has to do with your pc or at all but computers do have toxins in them but they are contained.
 

13thmonkey

Titan
Moderator
It is remotely possible that lower quality components may not apply the same regs as good quality components and may have materials that outgas something unpleasant.

However the real source is far more likely to be 16 hours non stop usage...
 
Reactions: WildCard999

13thmonkey

Titan
Moderator
https://mcbia.com/ewasterecycle.com/?page_id=228 I'd go to the doctor if you feel that way tomorrow I am no doctor but all that from just a computer when so many have computers? it just doesn't seem right do note mercury can only harm you if said part with mercury cracks or shatters but again it's unlikely that it all has to do with your pc or at all but computers do have toxins in them but they are contained.
There's no mercury, or lead, unless you've brought cheap cheap unregulated components. And lead would only be an issue if you licked it (a lot).
 
Reactions: AngelTech
Jul 31, 2019
5
0
10
0
Thank you for your answers. I am just the classic guy who plays a lot on pc with all doors shut and sleeps on the same room. All of my components are high qual. The outgassing was intense, I mean it smelled like a plastic was burning a bit but nothing obvious. I went to many docs but all seems good but they made a diagnosis which I dont believe a lot. The only thing that is making me believe that is that I had all the doors shut many hours and this "warm" a bit intense smell. I read a post in the forum where a guy said he had poisoned by bromine(used as fire retardant) from his pc.
 
Jul 31, 2019
5
0
10
0
The reason I have doubts is that I never spoked to any doc about these "outgasses" and the medication he gave me doesnt help a lot. I am a bit worried cause I am like this 4 months non stop.
 
Jul 31, 2019
5
0
10
0
Just to add, on my pc a cable was touching a heatpipe of the cpy cooler. I dont know if this is a problem
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY