Police & Ambulance Missions

strider

Do I need to do them 1-12 in one go?

If so that's really tough!

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

Strider wrote:

> Do I need to do them 1-12 in one go?
>
> If so that's really tough!
>
> --
> "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

yes, sorry.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Do I need to do them 1-12 in one go?
>
> If so that's really tough!

Get an SMG and a lot of ammo and use the police bike, it's easier to shoot
from the front on the bike than trying drivebys, I have better luck doing
the vigilante missions in Red County, less people and easier, especially
with the police bike. Cab, Fire and Ambulance missions should be done the
first thing after the game starts before the gangs start shooting at you,
plus the cabbie missions help you figure out where stuff is and how to use
that confusing highway as a shortcut.

"Jebus Saves" <GeorgeWBush@drunkdrivingcokeheadedAWOLcowards.com> wrote in
message news:150ve.91$9g.2@news02.roc.ny...
> "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> > Do I need to do them 1-12 in one go?
> >
> > If so that's really tough!
> >

> Get an SMG and a lot of ammo and use the police bike, it's easier to shoot
> from the front on the bike than trying drivebys, I have better luck doing
> the vigilante missions in Red County, less people and easier, especially
> with the police bike. Cab, Fire and Ambulance missions should be done the
> first thing after the game starts before the gangs start shooting at you,

Ambulance mission shouldn't be done until reaching Angel Pine.

strider

Jebus Saves proclaimed...

> Get an SMG and a lot of ammo and use the police bike, it's easier to shoot
> from the front on the bike than trying drivebys, I have better luck doing
> the vigilante missions in Red County, less people and easier, especially
> with the police bike. Cab, Fire and Ambulance missions should be done the
> first thing after the game starts before the gangs start shooting at you,
> plus the cabbie missions help you figure out where stuff is and how to use
> that confusing highway as a shortcut.

Thanks

--

Strider wrote:

> Paul Heslop proclaimed...
>
> > yes, sorry.
>
> Any tips?
>
> --
> "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

some say angel pine is best for ambulances but I did them very early
up Montgomery. It's a little rocky up there but better than in town.
Remember with ambulances that if they start to tip they can be gently
rolled back. Also look at the dots on your full map and try to work
out how to pick up the most (Up to 3 at a time) in one run.

There is a 'glitch' in the ps2 version for the vigilante run. I can't
recall anyone saying if it has been fixed or not for the other
versions, but it can really make the mission easy. Spoiler below

from FAQS

"Get into a cop car/HPV1000 and drive to a place with a yellow cone
(Pizza place). Hit R3 to start the mission, get off or out of the
vehicle and go inside. Wait about 10-15 seconds and the target will be
eliminated, you'll hear a noise and see the reward. Go outside, get
back in/on the vehicle and repeat the as long as you'd like.
Sometimes when their are multiple targets, you must do the trick more
than once, so just keep doing it."

sometimes I found it didn't work but then I realised that it was
because I was going up to the counter, so when you go inside just
stand in the doorway til it acknowledges a hit. as soon as it does, go
out and get into or on your cop vehicle and then go back inside. You
can do all twelve missions this way.

a more fun way but later in the game -IF you are on the third island
you can boost a rhino tank from the base in the desert. Your virtually
indestructible in those things and you can use the cannon to make you
go faster if need be (Point it to the back and fire a couple of times)
It makes the mission a breeze.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 02:41:24 -0400, corey simonator wrote:

> "Jebus Saves" <GeorgeWBush@drunkdrivingcokeheadedAWOLcowards.com> wrote in
> message news:150ve.91$9g.2@news02.roc.ny...
>> "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>> > Do I need to do them 1-12 in one go?
>> >
>> > If so that's really tough!
>> >

>> Get an SMG and a lot of ammo and use the police bike, it's easier to
>> shoot from the front on the bike than trying drivebys, I have better
>> luck doing the vigilante missions in Red County, less people and easier,
>> especially with the police bike. Cab, Fire and Ambulance missions should
>> be done the first thing after the game starts before the gangs start
>> shooting at you,
>
> Ambulance mission shouldn't be done until reaching Angel Pine.

i agree with js... i do all three in montgomery/red county. there's a
hospital in montgomery and you can drive across fields to get to patients.
in the firefighter mission, the majority are on the motorway. vigilante
was a bit tougher because the crims sometimes "migrate" into los santos
but the rocket launcher usually takes care of them.

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Do I need to do them 1-12 in one go?
>
> If so that's really tough!
>
> --
> "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

The ambulance mission are a piece of piss compared to GTAIII.
I did it at the hospital in LS city centre (Pershing or Market Square, I
can't remember). Big open roads on the hospital approach.
I tried it a couple of times on in the countryside clinic but the
inclination to drive cross country caused me to flip the vehicle.