**POLL** Best PC Case Maker

Who do you think makes the best PC cases?

• Antec

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Cooler Master

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Thermaltake

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Lian Li

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • NZXT

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Silverstone

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Xclio

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sunbeam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apevia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters

wildben

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Just curious to see what company you all prefer when it comes time to buy another case. I'm partial to Antec, but I also like some Thermaltake cases. I don't like Lian Li, or Coolermaster... what do you all think?

Asian PingPong

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
It's hard to dispute against lian li due to their amazing build quality. Even if they don't have the best cooling initially, it's so easy to mod their cases top have top notch cooling. It comes at a price however, but seeing as that isn't mentioned in the poll, my vote goes to lian li.

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
Best is a relative term.

Best build quality? Best features? Best value? Best expandable? Best durability/reliability? Best looking?

I voted for Silverstone because the TJ-09 is a monster.

wildben

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008

Yes... all of the above. By best I mean the best all around case... for cooling, looks, build quality and price. Sorry I didn't make that clear in the poll.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Different people have different priorities. Some don't care about looks, other don't care about cooling. What are your priorities? :p

wildben

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008

I'm with you on that... I just bought the 300 last week and love it - it's simple and has no flash... but it has great airflow and durability. 900 was a bit too much for me with the window and lights, and all that plastic. 300 can be used for office, gaming, HTPC, whatever and doesn't look out of place anywhere.

wildben

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008

Haha, OK this is getting too complicated... just pick the best PC manufacturer, for whatever reason you think they should win ;)

Lian Li on quality.

I am partial to Antec on price/performance. Lets face it when Sonata came out there was not much else like it. It was one of the first cases with 120mm cooling and a good power supply that still works to this day.

wildben

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008

Well, if you think the price is justified in the case, then it doesn't matter. Just balance out all the aspects and pick the best overall.

halcyon

Splendid
I've always been fond of Lian-Li case, based on build quality. Antec is probably up there with price/performance but I'm an Lian-Li fan...they make some elegant enclosures.

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I'm partial to Lian Li and ThermalTake, they've gained my trust with superb products (although both have have their downs along the road), I know CoolerMaster does make great cases too, but they come third in my list

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

They're all more expensive though. CoolerMaster is the only one that comes at the mainstream $50-80 range. :p

halcyon

Splendid
Yeah, Antec does seem to be an all around winner in many instances, but the 900 is just ...what's the word I'm looking for? Hideous. "...for teenagers and disco fans" as someone recently put it.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Some people like hideous, just as you use that avatar. It really stands out. :na:

halcyon

Splendid
Well, its...its...well, it looks...well see, it looks... Damn. Its just ugly. ...but it looks like it will continue to cool well. Again, Lian-Li builds attractive looking cases to me...so the 900 is simply functional in comparison...which is what its designed to be. I don't think it was ever meant to be nice looking, and they succeeded in that.