POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005

similiar to polls i've done in the past
how many pc games have you bought in april 2005

no need to tell what pc games but rather the number

like in the past steam infected, downloaded and mmo
don't count and only packaged in a box retail do

also if you have in april installed and played any
pc game you don't own and haven't bought don't even
deserve to be amoung us pc gamers

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

> how many pc games have you bought in april 2005

post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> also if you have in april installed and played any
> pc game you don't own and haven't bought don't even
> deserve to be amoung us pc gamers

Oh but I play a lot of demos and borrow games at the public library
Does that make me a thief?

Oh btw 6 PC games and 1 PS2 game have we bough in our household

steamKILLER wrote:

> POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005

None at all, im still hapily playing hl2

--
DalienX

On 30 Apr 2005 00:43:06 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>> how many pc games have you bought in april 2005
>
>2

Which ones ?

John Lewis

Peter [AGHL] wrote:
>> also if you have in april installed and played any
>>pc game you don't own and haven't bought don't even
>>deserve to be amoung us pc gamers
>

> Oh but I play a lot of demos and borrow games at the public library
> Does that make me a thief?

Your public library has games!!?? Must be nice...

On 30 Apr 2005 00:41:01 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005

On 30 Apr 2005 00:43:06 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

[Restored original posting.]

>>POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005
>>
>>similiar to polls i've done in the past
>>how many pc games have you bought in april 2005
>>
>>no need to tell what pc games but rather the number
>>like in the past
>
>2

Let me guess: Does that list of two games include:

>>steam infected, downloaded and mmo

In case you don't remember (which you don't because you don't read the
group anyway):

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005
>
> similiar to polls i've done in the past
> how many pc games have you bought in april 2005
>
> no need to tell what pc games but rather the number

You only say this to make it easier for you to lie. You have never told us
the names of the 40+ games you have bought since the begining of this year.

> like in the past steam infected, downloaded and mmo
> don't count and only packaged in a box retail do
>
> also if you have in april installed and played any
> pc game you don't own and haven't bought don't even
> deserve to be amoung us pc gamers

I'm a thief then. I borrowed and installed a game from a friend. Enjoyed it
and went and purchased it for myself you mildly retarded idiot.

--
Les

Buy on line only!!!

post made in a tree-free computer
i said "NO" to unnecessary packaging and fossil fuels for delivery

against killing trees campaign
http://www.wesavetrees.org/

treewatch - independent observatory about trees
http://thecouriermail.com.au/extras/headstart/activities_arch/tree_survival_2003.htm

please sign petition "Say NO! to killing trees!" available at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/gotrees/petition.html

what killing trees does to pc gamers (escaping from girlfriends dad) in
a million word worth picture:
http://www.santoalt.com/videos/roofjump.php

Shawk - c.s.i.p.g.a - 22-03-2005

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> POLL how many pc
> games bought in april
> 2005

None. I'm busy playing through Indiana Jones and the Internal Machine
after finally getting it to run an XP equipped system.

I'm also playing through the incredible Sanitarium from ASC Games
-about 1/3rd through the story I'd estimate.

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np: [ ]

On that special day, steamKILLER, (sayNO2steam@yahoo.com) said...

> no need to tell what pc games but rather the number

Does Sacred plus with Underworld (bundle) count as one or two games?

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Les Steel wrote:
> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>x-no-archive: yes
>>
>>POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005
>>
>>similiar to polls i've done in the past
>>how many pc games have you bought in april 2005
>>
>>no need to tell what pc games but rather the number
>>

> You only say this to make it easier for you to lie. You have never told us
> the names of the 40+ games you have bought since the begining of this year.

40 games since January 1? Does he claim to have actually played them
all? How does he find the time? Let's see, at an average length of 30
hours for a PC game, that's 1200 hours of playing time. Since we're 120
days into 2005, that would amount to an average of 10 hours per day,
every day, for the last four months. Where does he find time for work or
school? 70 hours gaming plus 40 hours for school or work leaves only 58
hours per week for sleeping, eating, bathing, commuting, buying new
games, writing dozens of anti-steam rants, etc. Somebody needs to go
outside more often.

On the plus side, this sort of schedule does amount to an excellent form
of contraception, so we needn't worry about seeing any little
steamkillers running around in the future.

Troll <newstroll@shaw.ca> once tried to test me with:

>> You only say this to make it easier for you to lie. You have never
>> told us the names of the 40+ games you have bought since the begining
>> of this year.
>
> 40 games since January 1? Does he claim to have actually played them
> all? How does he find the time? Let's see, at an average length of 30
> hours for a PC game, that's 1200 hours of playing time. Since we're
> 120 days into 2005, that would amount to an average of 10 hours per
> day, every day, for the last four months. Where does he find time for
> work or school? 70 hours gaming plus 40 hours for school or work
> leaves only 58 hours per week for sleeping, eating, bathing,
> commuting, buying new games, writing dozens of anti-steam rants, etc.
> Somebody needs to go outside more often.

You don't need to actually PLAY the PC game to be a True PC Gamer<tm>.

You just need to buy it. At retail. In a pretty box.

It's the box that counts.

> On the plus side, this sort of schedule does amount to an excellent
> form of contraception, so we needn't worry about seeing any little
> steamkillers running around in the future.

ROFLMAO!

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"mattchu" <wintlerpark@hotmail.com> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> POLL how many pc
>> games bought in april
>> 2005
>
>None. I'm busy playing through Indiana Jones and the Internal Machine
>after finally getting it to run an XP equipped system.

Infernal Machine isn't it?

Never finished that one - got about 90-95% of the way through then the
camera view screwed up so I could no longer see Indy at all and I had to
give up.

Xocyll

steamKILLER wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005
>
> similiar to polls i've done in the past
> how many pc games have you bought in april 2005
>
> no need to tell what pc games but rather the number

1
Serious Sam: Second Encounter for CAD $9.99

--
Leons Petrazickis
import java.lang.Disclaimer;

shawk

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> POLL how many pc games bought in april 2005
> similiar to polls i've done in the past

....where you wont say what games you have purchased?

0

> like in the past steam infected, downloaded and mmo
> don't count and only packaged in a box retail do

still 0

> also if you have in april installed and played any
> pc game you don't own and haven't bought don't even
> deserve to be amoung us pc gamers

does that include the BIA demo etc?

BTW - if you're in the UK then PC World (spits) are actually doing a decent
deal at the moment (but not for long) - buy any two chart games and the
cheapest is free. Probably go for BIA and Swat4 tomorrow...

"mattchu" <wintlerpark@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> I'm also playing through the incredible Sanitarium from ASC Games
> -about 1/3rd through the story I'd estimate.

That game kicked ass. I'd like to replay it.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

FWIW, I bought one game in April 05, and that was HL2.

On 30 Apr 2005 21:16:53 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

>You don't need to actually PLAY the PC game to be a True PC Gamer<tm>.
>
>You just need to buy it. At retail. In a pretty box.
>
>It's the box that counts.

i'll agree with that statement.. anyway i've bought (too) many games
in April only gotten around to installing only a few of them.. but
this is what i've bought in April

Age of Empires Gold ($4.99 at CompUSA)
Age of Mythology ($14.99 EB Used)
X2: The Threat ($3.48 Target)
No One Lives Forever: Game of the Year Edition
Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza
Alien vs. Predator Gold
Gunman Chronicles (these four cost $9.99 in bundle pack from Best Buy)
No One Lives Forever 2 ($6.99 Half Price Books)
American McGee's Alice ($2.98 Half Price Books)
Mobile Forces ($1.99 EB)
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury ($4.98 Target)
Codename: Nina ($2.48 Target)
Breed ($4.99 GameStop)
Triple Play Baseball ($1.00 Half Price Books)
WWII Online
Patrician 2
Europa Universalis (these 3 in a bundle cost $2.00 Half Price Books)
Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition ($49.99 GameStop)
Painkiller ($19.99 EB)
Carmageddon 2 ($4.99 EB)
Medievel Total War ($4.99 CompUSA)
Far Cry ($19.99 CompUSA)
Battlefield 1942
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Secret Weapons over Normandy (these three cost me $7.99 EB)
Monster Truck Madness 2 ($1.00 Half Price Books)
Clive Barker's Undying ($2.00 Half Price Books)
Freedom Force ($3.00 Half Price Books)
The Blair Witch vols. I, II & III ($3.98 Half Price Books)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay Developer's Cut
($9.98 Half Price Books)
Links LS 1999 ($1.00 Half Price Books)
The following 10 games came in a bundle bought from Fry's for $6.90
and they are..
Icewind Dale
No One Lives Forever
Mission Humanity
Airfix Dogfighter
Crime Cities
Speed Busters
Mortyr
Tonic Trouble
Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter
Professional Bass Tournament

Oh i also bought the following PS2 games in April too

Street Hoops ($4.90 Fry's)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Tak 2
Van Helsing
Mission: Impossible - Operation Surma
RTX Red Rock
Serious Sam: The Next Encounter (these 6 cost me $42.15 from
Blockbuster)
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy ($6.99 EB)
Seek and Destroy ($9.98 GameStop)
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System ($9.99 Best Buy)

Well there you have it and yes i officially don't have a life.. just
games

toadie

On Sun, 01 May 2005 05:12:26 GMT, toadie05@sbcglobal.net wrote:

>>It's the box that counts.

>i'll agree with that statement.. anyway i've bought (too) many games
>in April only gotten around to installing only a few of them.. but
>this is what i've bought in April

Oooh, I want to play too! I can't compete with your list, but here's
what I picked up this month:

Brothers in Arms (read my review from April 3 :)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (yawn)
Pro Race Driver (didn't play yet, though)
Driver 3 (ugh... wish I could take it back :)
Scrapland (it looks fun... but it's too cutesy for me to bear)
Splinter Cell 3 - Chaos Theory (more of the same)
Magic the Gathering Online (freebie; score!)
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (it's Star Wars, I have to buy it)
Battlefield 1942 (just to see; multiplayer, ugh!)
Medieval Total War (Rome:TW was fun; this one, not so much)
Alpha Black Zero (not great, but okay after the first few levels)

> i'll agree with that
> statement.. anyway i've
> bought (too) many games
> in April only gotten
> around to installing only a
> few of them.. but
> this is what i've bought in
> April

My mind's reeling! After lightening up on my game purchases the past
couple of years I've *almost* managed to complete my collection of
games with coherent storylines -almost. You're set for life with that
catch!

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np: The Pine - Junkyard.mp3

> "mattchu" <wintlerp...@hotmail.com>
> once tried to test me with:
>
>> I'm also playing through
>> the incredible
>> Sanitarium from ASC
>> Games -about 1/3rd
>> through the story I'd
>> estimate.
>

> That game kicked ass. I'd
> like to replay it.

I love it. I actually give a damn about the main character and a
sizeable amount of the people you encounter during the adventure. It's
an outstanding display of story telling and plot advancement. I do
have to take frequent breaks from it though. It's unsettling how
everyone seems oblivious to disturbing situations around them.
Although I'm sure yet if all of these situations are really happening
or imagined..

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np: The Bangs - Kinda Good.mp3

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> POLL how many pc
> games bought in april
> 2005

Scratch that previous post. I bought Resurrection of Evil - the Doom 3
expansion pack - earlier today. Its price has been reduced to $19.99
and almost every store in the area. Even Amazon.com has it listed at
this price. It's suprising considering that Computer Gaming World
reported the expansion pack as the best selling PC game of the past
couple of weeks -whatever though.. I'm not complaining!

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np: The Bangs - Kinda Good.mp3

Xocyll wrote:

> Infernal Machine isn't it?

Whoops -what a silly typo. Yes, it is!

> Never finished that one -
> got about 90-95% of the
> way through then the
> camera view screwed up
> so I could no longer see
> Indy at all and I had to
> give up.

For years I thought that I'd never be able to play the game properly
due to a rendering error. Out of the box the game played fine but then
abruptly the screen would become flooded with a single color which made
navigating impossible. Windows XP systems seemed to be affected by
this error most as evidenced by other user reviews on Amazon. The 1.2
patch seemed to fix everything though. It could be worth looking into
if you're interested in finishing the title still.

I just reached the pyramid in Teotihuacan and I'm having trouble
figuring out the puzzle involving the statue and gears. It's rather
discouraging. Instead I'd rather focus on the exploring and action
since it's a nontraditional Indy title - at least from what I remember
of The Fate of Atlantis and The Last Crusade. I'd hate to leave a game
unfinished though so I'll just tough it out for this level until the
more exciting level return.

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np: [ ]

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"mattchu" <wintlerpark@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> Scratch that previous post. I bought Resurrection of Evil - the Doom 3
> expansion pack - earlier today. Its price has been reduced to $19.99
> and almost every store in the area. Even Amazon.com has it listed at
> this price. It's suprising considering that Computer Gaming World
> reported the expansion pack as the best selling PC game of the past
> couple of weeks -whatever though.. I'm not complaining!

That counts for May's purchases not April's. :)

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.