[SOLVED] Polling rate above 125hz causing lag

programram

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
I have recently started having issues where my polling rate used to be set at 1000hz everything was fine but now unless I have the polling rate to 125 every game I play will drop from 100+ fps to around 5. This is also quite random but 6 times out of 10 this issue will happen. Now I've seen this question asked on this forum before and I tried all the steps they did so bellow you can find what I tried and my specs including the mouse.
Specs

• GPU : RTX 2080Ti
  • CPU : i7-9700KF
  • RAM : 16GB DDR4-3200
  • Mouse : Corsair Glaive RGB
  • Keyboard : Corsair Strafe RGB

And the steps I've tried

1. Reinstalled Mouse drivers
  2. Tried a clean boot
  3. Made sure CPU was at full power (CPU-Z shows 4500Mhz)
  4. Made sure temps were fine (74C Average under load)
  5. Tried other ports
  6. became annoyed
  7. Tried other mice
  8. Did a scan with malwarebytes and made sure no weird processes were running
  9. Disabled windows game mode
If I'm missing anything here I would love to know I just want this fixed but I really can't point my finger at whats happening everything seems fine but its not, oh and whenever I am gaming CPU utilization is at around 60 percent (Really varies by game). I also apologize if this looks bad I barely go on forums and its 3 am please pardon the faults XD.

programram

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
Motherboard's make and model? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Just so we're all on the same page on your OS, which version are you currently on? We're currently on 1909 for Windows 10.
Its a Asrock Z390M and I did not update the BIOS it is the way it came out of the box everything worked fine at first so I didn't consider a BIOS update. And yes 1909 here as well OS Build 18363.476 if that matters

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts