[SOLVED] Poor fps after resetting pc

bradaman

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
So recently my pc was having some annoying stuttering issues so i decided i should do a pc reset.
reset went fine and i reinstalled some of my programs and followed a pc optimisation guide for gaming that i have been using for years.
So the problem comes in where when start up my game (black desert) and my fps has dropped from the 290-330fps mark to what seems to be a max of 90fps
i updated my drivers and changed vsync settings ingame and in the nvidia contral pannel and used the profile insector to disable all the options but the fps remains the same 70-90 no matter how low i drop the settings.
Im not quite sure what to do to get my fps back so ive come looking for help here

as for my pc specs i have a
I7-7700
GTX 1060
16GB of ram
and 500G ssd

Solution
in this particular game having a higher fps gives quite a significant advantage especially when running on a high refresh rate monitor so having a fps that is lower than my refresh rate is pretty bad, it also doesnt look smooth

Try enabling the 'fast sync' feature in your nvidia control panel. Its supposed to be the equivalent to AMD enhanced sync, but it really seems more like triple buffering. It might work nonetheless.

bradaman

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Pretty sure 90 fps is just fine. anything above 60 is. No stuttering anymore ? If so, good.
in this particular game having a higher fps gives quite a significant advantage especially when running on a high refresh rate monitor so having a fps that is lower than my refresh rate is pretty bad, it also doesnt look smooth

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018

Try enabling the 'fast sync' feature in your nvidia control panel. Its supposed to be the equivalent to AMD enhanced sync, but it really seems more like triple buffering. It might work nonetheless.

Solution