Question Poor fps on games that I previously had 60+ on

Jul 4, 2019
So recently i got a optical drive and added it to my pc and realized i could use the driver cd that came with my motherboard and it will properly install everything i probably need (im still learning more and more about computers) and well... no... it slowed my pc down quite a bit especially while gaming and now i get low frames on gaming even though it says im up to date on drivers

Cpu - ryzen 5 2400g (with Vega 11 integrated graphics)

Motherboard - b450m msi gaming plus (The driver disk installation was for this)

Ram - viper 4 3000 MHz 16 gb ddr4

Power supply - Corsair cx450m

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019
download latest driver from manufacturer website
I'm using a MSI software to update according to the software it said it was fully up to date while running poorly, since then i deleted those drivers and reinstalled the ones directly from the site and im still receiving lower fps, even my core temperatures are lower (I checked my overclock and nothing changed) should that be a concern?

Jul 4, 2019
The drivers on the included disk are basically useless.
By the time most users who buy new mobos get them, those drivers are already out of date.
Get the latest drivers directly from Msi themselves. Link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver
Sorry I meant to say that "I was using" I have installed the most recent drivers but the computer is still not running games as it was before so I bumped the overclock higher and had improvements but just not as good still

Jul 4, 2019
check cpu/gpu temp during the game?
how the ram/sdd/hdd usage during the game?
my CPU max temp is lower than it use to be even with a higher overclock

CPU temp - 45C idle, 69C Max (It use to be around 35-40C idle and 80C max)
(i have integrated graphics and i cant see the temp but it maxes out)

I'm not sure how to check my ram usage specifically (still new to my own computer) But my disk and/or my memory would max out, not sure if thats important or not

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
my CPU max temp is lower than it use to be even with a higher overclock

CPU temp - 45C idle, 69C Max (It use to be around 35-40C idle and 80C max)
(i have integrated graphics and i cant see the temp but it maxes out)

I'm not sure how to check my ram usage specifically (still new to my own computer) But my disk and/or my memory would max out, not sure if thats important or not
Disk and memory maxing out isn't good. Uninstall the Msi software that you got from that disk.
Have you installed any other software besides the one that came on the disk? Like torrents, or maybe one too many antivirus/malware programs?

Jul 4, 2019
Disk and memory maxing out isn't good. Uninstall the Msi software that you got from that disk.
Have you installed any other software besides the one that came on the disk? Like torrents, or maybe one too many antivirus/malware programs?
No, I only have installed the software that came with the disk, most recent drivers and then the typical gaming stuff to download

EDIT - I got fed up with it, my computer kept telling me that I couldn't delete it because it was open and no matter what I did it wouldn't "close" so I could delete it

SO I decided to do a data wipe and so far it is already noticeably better on the less demanding games and with a CPU temp that is much closer to where I originally had it (and the disk and memory is not maxing out)

Thanks for the help! It is very appreciated, I have had this issue for a while but not had time to work on my pc until recently

Last edited: