[SOLVED] Poor FPS on GTA V

Apr 7, 2020
Hi everyone, so I'm a little confused as to whats up with GTA V online, ive got a 2600X (No OC) and 16Gb 2666mhz 4x4gb RAM and a RTX 2070 Super In my system, yet even with grass turned all the way down and distance scaling turned off, im still getting as low as 40 fps!? (VSync is on, but without it i get alot of screen tear) i dont know what to do, is there some sort of setting thats causing this???

Solution
Go to advance graphic settings and turn off frame scaling. Also go to your graphics card control panel and make sure gta is selected and scroll down to quality and switch this to max proformance.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Apr 7, 2020
what is? the CPU or the GPU?
I kind of needed info for both thanks.

But for a general "here's something you can do even though I don't know exactly what the issue is in the first place", you can use DDU to completely remove drivers for any and all graphics devices, then download and install clean and fresh drivers.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
sorry for late response, its a Ryzen 5 2600X and a RTX 2070 super Gigabyte windforce X3 and 16gb 3000mhz ram and its the CPU under low load GPU ranges from 60-99% usually

Apr 20, 2020
Go to advance graphic settings and turn off frame scaling. Also go to your graphics card control panel and make sure gta is selected and scroll down to quality and switch this to max proformance.

Reactions: Prizm
Solution