Question Poor gaming performance on Medion laptop with Ryzen 7 5800H ?

Dec 5, 2022
So i bought this Medion laptop with an rtx 3070 and a ryzen 7 5800H mobile. Problem is that my usage on the cpu is very often on the low side and ive been told it might be bottlenecking me. For an example in cyberpunk the game on absolutley max settings is about 40fps and on lowest settings still about 40fps so with this laptop i bought to play more modern games with i can pretty much only play games that i can already play on max settings because of the problem mentioned.

A friend told me it might be that i need to turn PBO on and ive tried trough the bios (wasnt there) and when i download any kind of amd software it tells me the processor is not supported which doesn't make sense to me as its still fairly new and still getting used.
Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Cyberpunk has it's won fair share of bugs and issues, much like how Crysis was when it first came out. You could try and see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then see if your OS is pending any updates. Following that, uninstall all GPU drivers using DDU and then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Might want to pass on a link to the laptop you own, for good measure and see if you're looking at the wrong support page.

Dec 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Cyberpunk has it's won fair share of bugs and issues, much like how Crysis was when it first came out. You could try and see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then see if your OS is pending any updates. Following that, uninstall all GPU drivers using DDU and then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Might want to pass on a link to the laptop you own, for good measure and see if you're looking at the wrong support page.
ive tried the gpu drivers before with DDU and i wasnt all to sure which bios i should download since the company has made it at least in my opinion frustrating to find the exact one for my laptop but ill give it another try rn