Poor man WC loop

josysclei

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
So, planning on doing a custom wc cpu-gpu loop on a tight budget. My idea is to get some china blocks, aquarium pump and used car radiator. The blocks are the only parts inside my case and that worries me in case of leakage. Does anyone know about the reliability of those chinese blocks? Can i try to failproof them sealing the joints with silicone or something?

Solution
What cheap waterblocks are you trying to use? Odds are if they are cheap blocks they are going to have poor heat transfer characteristics resulting in relatively high temperatures. If you can't spend a few hundred to do your water cooling right you are much better off with a good air cooler or one of the close loop water coolers.
If you are willing to fry your computer (and since you're on a budget I'm assuming you're not) go for it. Otherwise, this will most likely end badly. Keeping the system cool is a very intricate and important piece of the system, and slapping together some scrap will most likely end badly.

What cheap waterblocks are you trying to use? Odds are if they are cheap blocks they are going to have poor heat transfer characteristics resulting in relatively high temperatures. If you can't spend a few hundred to do your water cooling right you are much better off with a good air cooler or one of the close loop water coolers.

Solution