[SOLVED] Poor Performace With Decent Specs

Apr 27, 2020
Specs:
Ryzen 1600x
Gigabyte RTX 2060 6gb
1x16gb 2400mhz RAM
Aorus B450 Elite

I find myself getting on average 73fps in GTA V on high settings with some drops going below 60 and in some more desolate areas getting near 100 but i see benchmarks with nearly identicle specs running at consistent 144 which is what i want as i have a 144hz monitor.In other less taxing games like CSGO i get higher frames but the performance is patchy and stutters quite a lot on the lowest setting on stretched resolution. I have had the same HDD, SSD and power supply since i got the pc as a prebuild but everything else has been swapped out. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have had the problem for a while but haven't ever seeked help.

Solution
Ram speed and type is going to hurt. As are other things like settings. Don't assume you'll get the same fps as others since you have different settings to them. Stuff like DSR, Xbox DVR, Ray tracing enabled can hurt fps.

Fps is all cpu, it sets the limits. Those pre-rendered frames get sent to the gpu for finishing according to details and resolution. If turning up/down details changes the fps outputs, that's gpu, but exactly how many frames is possible is on the cpu.

What do you mean 'stretched' resolution? Are you trying to game on a super-ultra wide? Gaming on 2 monitors simultaneously?

IDProG

Distinguished
Specs:
Ryzen 1600x
Gigabyte RTX 2060 6gb
1x16gb 2400mhz RAM
Aorus B450 Elite

I find myself getting on average 73fps in GTA V on high settings with some drops going below 60 and in some more desolate areas getting near 100 but i see benchmarks with nearly identicle specs running at consistent 144 which is what i want as i have a 144hz monitor.In other less taxing games like CSGO i get higher frames but the performance is patchy and stutters quite a lot on the lowest setting on stretched resolution. I have had the same HDD, SSD and power supply since i got the pc as a prebuild but everything else has been swapped out. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have had the problem for a while but haven't ever seeked help.
Seriously, learn how to build your own PC. Most of prebuilt PCs are excruciatingly terrible.

Anyway, please show us the prebuilt's website (the full link to the specific PC and not just "I bought it on Amazon, look it up"). Also, please show us this benchmark you mentioned that showed that GTA V could run at a consistent 144Hz (again, full link).

Spre

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
That's pretty rude. and you are assuming it is prebuilt? which it may be, but seriously? also not all prebuilts are "terrible"

Adam, you will want to upgrade that ram, Ryzen processors prefer faster ram, it is a bottle neck.

What are the rest of your specs?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ram speed and type is going to hurt. As are other things like settings. Don't assume you'll get the same fps as others since you have different settings to them. Stuff like DSR, Xbox DVR, Ray tracing enabled can hurt fps.

Fps is all cpu, it sets the limits. Those pre-rendered frames get sent to the gpu for finishing according to details and resolution. If turning up/down details changes the fps outputs, that's gpu, but exactly how many frames is possible is on the cpu.

What do you mean 'stretched' resolution? Are you trying to game on a super-ultra wide? Gaming on 2 monitors simultaneously?

Solution

IDProG

Distinguished
Okay, my bad. His build WAS a prebuilt, but he changed some components, so it's technically not a prebuilt anymore. For that, I deeply apologize.

Anyway, I think you have been misled.

I have seen a benchmark using RTX 2060 and i7-8700K (so technically, the CPU is little bit faster than 1600X), and GTA V does not run at a consistent 144 FPS. Even with a faster CPu, it only runs at around 100 FPS average.

So, like the others said, the decrease in performance is caused by you RAM only being single channel (only 1 stick) instead of dual channel (2 sticks). Yes, it is THAT bad. 1st gen Ryzen is the most RAM-picky CPUs of the decade.