[SOLVED] Poor performance and input in apps delayed

Jul 20, 2021
This is my first time posting on these forums. I recently have been having some issues with my PC’s performance. It started with one game consistently crashing. I tried to update and reinstall all my drivers which did not fix the issue. Then other games started to have serious performance issues as well. I decided to do a full reset on my PC to ensure the drivers weren’t installed wrong or causing issues and to make sure any other software wasn’t. After resetting I began to notice more issues. The first thing I noticed was when I dragged task manager or other apps around the desktop, it would lag. It moved at a much slower speed than my mouse and then randomly go back to normal speed. Also the performance issues didn’t go away. I have also tried swapping my ram out to see if that was the issue which did not fix it. I am at a loss, I have no idea what may be causing it and I’m not to good at troubleshooting, any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached a video of the task manager issue as well. View: https://imgur.com/a/vNuzzRp

Solution
This motherboard?

PRIME X470-PRO|Motherboards|ASUS USA

PRIME X470-PRO 4602
Update AGESA 0072 for the upcoming processors.
ASUS strongly recommends that you update AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS.

Would check on that chipset driver.

I note in CPU support that it doesn't actually list that specific driver any longer as the one "needed" for the list. I have seen on some manufacturers support page where they would dissuade you from going past a certain revision unless you are using such and such (newer) CPU, but do not notice that being in the notes for these updates.

I would check on that specific chipset driver first, to see if that makes an improvement.
I would not go so far as to "recommend"...

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
This motherboard?

PRIME X470-PRO|Motherboards|ASUS USA

PRIME X470-PRO 4602
Update AGESA 0072 for the upcoming processors.
ASUS strongly recommends that you update AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS.

Would check on that chipset driver.

I note in CPU support that it doesn't actually list that specific driver any longer as the one "needed" for the list. I have seen on some manufacturers support page where they would dissuade you from going past a certain revision unless you are using such and such (newer) CPU, but do not notice that being in the notes for these updates.

I would check on that specific chipset driver first, to see if that makes an improvement.
I would not go so far as to "recommend" you further update BIOS, but am not specifically seeing anything in the notes (as above) that states NOT to. It would be chancy and you could brick the mobo or cause it not to work with the current CPU. Given the current issue it MIGHT be worth a chance to try updating BIOS further.

Once again, I do want to restate, that doing so could cause your system to be non responsive with the current CPU.

Solution