[SOLVED] Poor Performance in Battlefield 1 With Core i3 8100

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
Hey guys.
I start playing BF1 again recently and noticed that my new rig sometime give me a good FPS and sometime not!
I bought this rig for machine learning so It's really not meant to be for gaming however I search in Internet and see similar rig has a better and consistent performance and it's really annoying.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQyPbdffisQ
I think this is something with my hardware and it's depressing me 😓😓

My Rig:

GPU: GTX 1070Ti Asus ROG
CPU: Core i3 8100 3.6 GHz
RAM: 12GB (8 + 4) Geil 2400 MHz
MB: Asus Z390 Prime

I got 30 - 100 fps in Game.
sometimes it's good and give me about 70-100 FPS (GPU Load: 60 - 95% ||| CPU Load: 100% ||| CPU Temp:69-70C)
and sometimes it gives me 30 - 60 fps and I don't know why:mad:. (GPU Load: 50 - 70% ||| CPU Load: 100% ||| CPU Temp:69-70C)

sometimes when I restart the game it fixed but sometimes don't:confused_old::confused_old:

I think it's something with my CPU but I cant find it!
My system background process is same in 2 situation (almost 85-90% CPU used by the game)

Last edited:
Solution
Oh you are right it's 2400Mhz.
I didn't understand. You mean CPU can work with higher than 2400?

Yes. That's simply the basic, CPU-supported clockspeed. Doing better than that with the memory is one of the reasons we shell out our hard-earned dough for better motherboards (including yours). When people say your build is mismatched, it's because you have a budget CPU but a very good motherboard and GPU.

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
Do you get dips in frames? or do they remain low for a certain amount of time?
It's a little complicated.
sometimes when I start the game I get 30-60 FPS in Online and it's what it is! I mean it doesn't fixed after a while (once I restarted my game and it fixed!)
sometimes when I played 2 or 3 rounds well with Avg 75 FPS but then for the next round my FPS drop to 30 - 60 and it's remain like this :confused_old:
(Somewhere I read that high CPU temp after a while may cause FPS Drop -To Make CPU Cooler - but 70C is not really hot! and after FPS Drop CPU doesn't get cooler!)

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I think mixing RAM is not doing you any good either.

You can use some other utility like HWiNFO to verify whether the RAM is really running in dual mode. There's a portable version that doesn't need installation here. When you run it you can check what mode RAM is running in the system summary that pops up on top of the app's main window.

I also think that GPU with an i3 is not the best combination. I'd say the CPU might be struggling to keep up at times. Keep in mind there's also other stuff going on in the background by the OS and other software like security suites and maybe scheduled tasks etc. They take up some CPU time too.

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
I think mixing RAM is not doing you any good either.

You can use some other utility like HWiNFO to verify whether the RAM is really running in dual mode. There's a portable version that doesn't need installation here. When you run it you can check what mode RAM is running in the system summary that pops up on top of the app's main window.

I also think that GPU with an i3 is not the best combination. I'd say the CPU might be struggling to keep up at times. Keep in mind there's also other stuff going on in the background by the OS and other software like security suites and maybe scheduled tasks etc. They take up some CPU time too.
I know that my GPU is much stronger than the I3 CPU but reffer to that move that I posted Battlefield 1 should be fine!
about the channel I check it and tell it to you.

DSzymborski

Titan
Oh I forgot to say that the Core i3 8100 Only support 2133 MHz and higher frequency doesn't do any favor.
But I will check the Channel and tell it back to you !

That's 2400 MHz, but that's a partial story. That's why XMP is a thing. Not as big a jump as with a Ryzen, which craves fast memory, but it helps. Plus, of course, it not being mismatched RAM that's running in dual channel.

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
That's 2400 MHz, but that's a partial story. That's why XMP is a thing. Not as big a jump as with a Ryzen, which craves fast memory, but it helps. Plus, of course, it not being mismatched RAM that's running in dual channel.

DSzymborski

Titan

Yes. That's simply the basic, CPU-supported clockspeed. Doing better than that with the memory is one of the reasons we shell out our hard-earned dough for better motherboards (including yours). When people say your build is mismatched, it's because you have a budget CPU but a very good motherboard and GPU.

Reactions: BringerOfTea
Solution

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
Yes it's right.
what is your suggestion for CPU upgrade??I don't want a super CPU cause I don't need one due to what I do with computer

This is typical for BF1 on quad cores. YouTube videos are not a reliable source of benchmarks, they often miss key information of flat our lie. You have said your cpu is maxed out. Now running miss matched RAM probably isn’t helping but based on many reviews and forum discussions from BF1 players nothing seems wrong.

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
This is typical for BF1 on quad cores. YouTube videos are not a reliable source of benchmarks, they often miss key information of flat our lie. You have said your cpu is maxed out. Now running miss matched RAM probably isn’t helping but based on many reviews and forum discussions from BF1 players nothing seems wrong.
Umm as you all said it my CPU and RAM and I don't Supersized.
Tnx

sometimes when I played 2 or 3 rounds well with Avg 75 FPS but then for the next round my FPS drop to 30 - 60 and it's remain like this :confused_old:
This is typical for BF1 on quad cores.
No it's not typical.
If he can play 2 or 3 rounds at 75 without big frame drops than his system is perfectly alright and can handle the game just fine.
If he had drops every time he played than yes it would be a CPU/system problem.