Apr 17, 2019
i recently built a PC and the specs are as follows:
CPU- Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU- RTX 2070
Modo- MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon
ram- 16GB vengeance DDR4 3200MHZ
Storage - 250gb Samsung 970 evo, 120gb SSD, 1TB Seagate hard drive
PSU- corsair HX 750
the computer itself looks and runs great on most games with one exception being Overwatch and i dont know why. with the settings im running (pretty much all lighting/reflection settings on low/off) (1920 - 1080p) i should be getting mid 250fps minimum according to friends and benchmarks however im only getting 210 avg. i have speculated that this is due to my G sync monitor (180htz) and if this is the reason for this issue then i am completely fine. However another issue im getting on Overwatch specifically is that when i join a group of friends and play my fps falls dramatically (at one point yesterday i had 80fps) and i have no clue why and its confusing the hell out of me. if anyone has any reason for this or any fixes i would really appreciate it.

If you check the internet your fps is normal for the cpu + gpu combo. Do you mean your friends have exactly the same pc? You cant compare 2070 and ryzen 2600x with 2070 and intel i9 9900k. You have 180hz monitor and you average 210 fps so more fps wont make any difference.

LovinThatDTR

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
If you check the internet your fps is normal for the cpu + gpu combo. Do you mean your friends have exactly the same pc? You cant compare 2070 and ryzen 2600x with 2070 and intel i9 9900k. You have 180hz monitor and you average 210 fps so more fps wont make any difference.
me and one other friend almost have identical PC's (same cpu, same gpu, same mobo) only differences being the PSU make, RAM make (still the same speed and amount) and the amount of storage, hes getting around 250fps according to him and im just curious as to why he has this increase. furthermore i dont understand why when playing in groups with friends im having the huge fps drop. normally id assume this as a one off thing however the amount of times my fps has dropped in groups is too much to consider a coincidence. its not even a small drop off like 10-20fps it gets as bad as 100fps even 120fps lost.

TRENDING THREADS