Poor performence of Intel hd 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEELESH1998

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
OK i bought a laptop...And found that it is blessed with a cursed integrated graphic Intel HD 3000....I found that i can play MODERN warfare 3 on it with low settings(obviously)
Please can Someone tell me if can play these games also at low settings
.GTA 4
.Far Cry 2
.WWE 13
.BAtman Arkham city
.Max payne 3
.Mass effect 3(I can play 2 easily)

and also tell me if i can add a new graphic card in a mini pci-e slot.

Solution

Maybe I'll try that the next time I experiment with the Intel HD 3000 and GTA 4, but I think I have already uninstalled the game.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Very unlikely you could "add" a gpu into a laptop. That is a rare and usually expensive option.
HD 3000 is integrated graphics not discrete and isn't meant for gaming. I would not be suprised if you couldn't play some of those titles at all.

It would help to know what laptop you have to answer your questions more directly.

gta4 i highly doubt. the rest im not really sure. if you can only play mw3 on low i dont think youd be able to play any of those since all the modernwarefare games you can have a super weak card and play at max. if you do have a spare mini pcie adapter you can actually get a desktop graphics card to work with some add on card to house the card.

You will not be able to add a graphics card to that laptop. You need to pay more attention to the laptop details prior to buying it. Also, you should have asked your questions prior to actually buying the laptop. That way you would know what to expect.

I can confirm that you will be able to play Mass Effect 3 on your laptop. For the hell of it, I decided to play ME3 on insanity mode with my Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 using the Intel HD 3000 graphics core instead of the nVidia GT 550m. I was able to complete the entire game. Performance wasn't great compared to the GT 550m, but like I said, I was able to complete the game.

I also tested GTA IV with the Intel HD 3000. However, I was not able to play the game at all. GTA IV could only "see" 50MB of available RAM for the Intel HD 3000. I was able to load a saved game, but due to the limited RAM, the walls, floors, and ceilings were not loaded. The character, Niko, was simply standing in empty space.

There are Youtube videos of people playing GTA IV using the Intel HD 3000 graphics core (using very low settings), but I was not able to do so on my laptop.

As for the other games you mentioned, I never played them so I cannot say. The only other game I tested was Fallout 3 and that game is playable with a mix of medium and low settings @ 1366x768 resolution. However, Bethesda's games do not recognize the Intel HD 3000 graphics core so you need to install a file called "d3d9.dll". In order to play Fallout 3.

"d3d9.dll" was originally developed as part of the "Oldblivion" project for underpowered graphic cards that were not capable of playing Oblivion. It basically tricks the gaming into thinking it was one of the nVidia cards. It can be downloaded from the following link.

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/17209/?

Since I finally decided to play Skyrim I will see if the Intel HD 3000 is capable of playing that game with the "d3d9.dll" file over the weekend. If I have time...

NEELESH1998

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

to RUN gta 4 YOU HAVE TO PUT THEESE COMMANDLINES

-norestrictions
-availablevidmem 512
-percentvidmem 100%

ngonie

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
come on guys dnt discourage.......i can play batman arkham origins why not arkham city on hd3000.....i also played resident evil 6, farcry 3, tomb raider 2013, most wanted 2012 and even assassin's creed 4.....my laptop specs are 4gb ram, intel i5 2450m with integrated graphics hd 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.