Poor quality digicamera pics - help!

The quality of my digipic images seems to have deteriorated recently ...may
be my imagination but don't think so..
...anyone know if camera memory cards can deteriorate after a time...or do
they keep same quality until total failure?

....would any kind member agree to have a look at one of a recent batch and
give comment/advice?
Thanks,
John
---------------

a bit is a bit, the "1" does not degrade to a 0.8375932

are you holding the camer still after you press the shutter - all the
way for auto focus and all to take effect - sometines a one to two
second lag between push and click - and if you move the camera at all
you blew it!

"John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote:
>The quality of my digipic images seems to have deteriorated recently ...may
>be my imagination but don't think so..
>..anyone know if camera memory cards can deteriorate after a time...or do
>they keep same quality until total failure?
>
>...would any kind member agree to have a look at one of a recent batch and
>give comment/advice?
>Thanks,
>John
>---------------

>The quality of my digipic images seems to have deteriorated recently

If you could just be a teeny bit more specific...

Blurry? Color problem? No longer enlarge as well? Grainy? Too dark,
too bright, lacking in contrast...? Why not just post them on the web,
there are plenty of places that allow you to do that.

And no, memory cards either work or they don't. You can lose data, but
that means loss of files. There is no way that a faulty memory card
can cause a subtle loss of image quality.

try googling....

pbase, webshots, smugmug, photobucket, imgspot, ofoto.....

Thanks for that - could you suggest good places on the web where I could
post my photos to seek comments?
Thanks
-----------------
<chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
> >The quality of my digipic images seems to have deteriorated recently
>
> If you could just be a teeny bit more specific...
>
> Blurry? Color problem? No longer enlarge as well? Grainy? Too dark,
> too bright, lacking in contrast...? Why not just post them on the web,
> there are plenty of places that allow you to do that.
>
> And no, memory cards either work or they don't. You can lose data, but
> that means loss of files. There is no way that a faulty memory card
> can cause a subtle loss of image quality.

ok thanks

> try googling....
>
> pbase, webshots, smugmug, photobucket, imgspot, ofoto.....

In article <d7aeoi$4hk$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>, OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com
says...

>The quality of my digipic images seems to have deteriorated recently ...may
>be my imagination but don't think so..
>..anyone know if camera memory cards can deteriorate after a time...or do
>they keep same quality until total failure?

It is not the memory card.

My guess is that maybe your cameras setting for JPG Quality somehow got
changed from larger and better image files, instead to be smallest and worse
quality?

Check that Quality setting is at its best quality position (largest file).