Question Poor system performance , low fps in games and bottlenecked graphics card.

crush852

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Hey guys . Lately I have been experiencing fps drops in games , mostly in csgo (only game I play nowadays) ..Few weeks ago I had something around 120 fps all the time but now Its difficult for my PC to get over 60 or sometimes stay at 60 fps ..And same thing happened to some other games I used to play ( I dont play them because its no point to play games with 30 fps ) ..However what is most weird for me , changing resolution / graphics details etc. does nothing to increase my fps so it doesnt matter if I play csgo on low settings or at high or at fullHD resolution or on 1200x800 or what is it . Can anyone help me ?
My pc is : Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P , CPU: AMD FX-4170 4.2ghz (which is running on 2.8ghz for some reason all the time even when gaming ) , GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4gb, 8GB DDR3 ram

Unless its very cold ambient temperature 18c idle is not possible and suggests a problem reading temperatures. Try using AMD Overdrive. Have you tried resetting the BIOS/clearing CMOS? Is your BIOS up to date? Do you have Windows set to high performance power plan?

crush852

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Unless its very cold ambient temperature 18c idle is not possible and suggests a problem reading temperatures. Try using AMD Overdrive. Have you tried resetting the BIOS/clearing CMOS? Is your BIOS up to date? Do you have Windows set to high performance power plan?
I know nothing about BIOS so Iam kinda scared to do anything with it (like reseting it or changing something) ..and yes windows is set to high performance . I tried alot of things from chcecking if any malware is slowing it but I found nothing so I guess my cpu is somehow badly "configured"

crush852

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Page 35 of the English instructions shows you how to load BIOS optimised defaults https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-S2P-rev-31/support#support-manual

If temperatures are OK, Windows set to high performance my feeling is either a BIOS problem or a hardware failure with motherboard or cup.
Well that motherboard is cheapest thing i could find in my local store beuse i bought cpu cooler and graphics card at once and then my motherboard burned and I didnt have more money for better motherboard ..ill try to do something with bios when ill get home 😅

crush852

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Page 35 of the English instructions shows you how to load BIOS optimised defaults https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-S2P-rev-31/support#support-manual

If temperatures are OK, Windows set to high performance my feeling is either a BIOS problem or a hardware failure with motherboard or cup.
Okay so I loaded optimal BIOS and my cpu is still at 2.8 ghz ..And amd overdrive is showing idle temperature when having Opera opened and some background programs 54 °C