Popped a capacitor off of my motherboard

Aug 2, 2018
When installing my new mobo my hand slipped and I knocked off the capacitor near the PS/2 and USB ports in the corner of the board, just wondering if it would be safe to boot up as is or will I need a new mobo?

Image: https://imgur.com/a/klXiL7V

Solution

First put some flux on the solder joints of the capacitor, heat it up with soldering iron or whatever you like to use for soldering, then use sucker to pull out that rest of solder cause its pretty near hard to replace it if you try to heat one side...
Aug 2, 2018

I have experience soldering but have never soldered capacitors back in, I'm sure it isn't too hard?
Should have mentioned before but the leads are still in there so if I were to solder I'd have to be replacing it, not sure id be able to get the flat parts of the leads back in the cap.
Got any recommendations on where to buy new caps from?

First put some flux on the solder joints of the capacitor, heat it up with soldering iron or whatever you like to use for soldering, then use sucker to pull out that rest of solder cause its pretty near hard to replace it if you try to heat one side then push then heat other side, then put capacitor while white line on him or stripes shows for negative side, same as on motherboard , or Also, the short lead is negative and the long lead is positive and solder it, cut the legs and you're pratically done.

Just put same capacitor value nF, voltage can be higher or equal NOT LESS!

Pretty much I've used any capacitor to replace it, but one a bit higher quality.

Solution
Aug 2, 2018

Thanks for your help, both of you