Question Popping and crackling audio on two different computers ?

May 30, 2021
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum but I'm really at a loss for ideas. Around September of last year my old pc started having an issue with popping audio. I could hear it in discord and at the start of YouTube videos. It wasn't too much of an issue but after I noticed it, it started to annoy me. I reinstalled audio drivers tested a different pair of earphones and scoured online for help but nothing worked. I just decided that it wasn't a big issue and I decided to bear with it.

Fast forward a couple of months and I decided to get a new pc as my old one was getting dated. I noticed however that my new pc (despite being brand new) had the same issue with crackling audio. I did the obvious next step and ordered new headphones from a different brand only to find out that the issue persisted. I'm really feeling like i'm at a loss here as I’m not sure what is causing the issue, the crackling and popping plays at the start of any audio from the pc. I even went as far to use a usb headset but this didn’t work either.

Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is it possible to state the specs to your new system? If the new system replaced the old with the same power outlet in your crib, try relocating the system to another wall outlet and see if the audio exhibits the same issue. With regards to the power, are you working with a power strip in between the outlet and the PC? If possible, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard?

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
It could be electrical line noise, as stated above. Try to remember what devices or appliances you've added when the problem began.

Also, posting a sample of the audible noise could help.

May 30, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is it possible to state the specs to your new system? If the new system replaced the old with the same power outlet in your crib, try relocating the system to another wall outlet and see if the audio exhibits the same issue. With regards to the power, are you working with a power strip in between the outlet and the PC? If possible, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard?

Thanks for the reply.

I am using an old extension power cord so that may be the issue. However I don’t remember changing the cord before the issue started.

With regards to the BIOS I am on the most recent version with a pretty recent mother board.

I’m not at home right now, but I will change the power outlet when I do get back to my pc.

Also, for future reference (if the issue persists after changing the power outlet) y specs are as follows
•rtx 3080fe
•i7 10700k
•16gb of ram
•ASUS strix z490e
•750W Corsair psu.

Once again thanks for the reply. I will reply again if your suggestions fix the issue.