Popular Mac Ad-Blocker Has Been Sending Data to China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
So, the app developer/producer gets a bunch of people to install the software, provides a legitimate service and gains user trust for some period of time while secretly gathering their data. Then, presumably after a future software update, the app will transmit all of the collected data to some entity China.

Not denying this looks bad, but if the app had a 20-page license agreement that said somewhere that it collects browsing data and sends it back to the developer to "help improve the developers product and services," then I wonder if anybody would care, even though we all know that collected data gets used for other purposes all the time.

miroslavhm

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
Half of Apple software programmers and managers are Chinese - what do you expect, nobody to work for the Party there? Apple probably has hundreds of employee that are conducting active espionage. It's the same situation with hardware, firewalls, software to prevent theft - pretty much everything is infiltrated and built to spy or hack :). It's not just Apple.

LOL ^ I've gotten a virus 2 or 3 times because of my own <censored> stupidity. Leave it to Apple to come from left field.

Our identity/online is being sold to the Chinese. That isn't surprising.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
Anyone that believe paying more to crapple means they are getting a better product deserves to get screwed more. They get you on the front side going in and the on the backside afterwards.

g-unit1111

Titan

The greatest lie ever sold. I tell people all the time how dumb that notion is. Maybe you're *LESS* likely to get a virus on a Mac but to say you never will is a huge lie.

Did you read the article? :heink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS