[SOLVED] Port forward/DMZ not working

Sep 12, 2019
Mine router/modem is Asus DSL-N12U_C1 with latest firmware
Yesterday i want to host a minecraft server to play with my friend,but they cannot connect to my server.I have tried to port forward and also using DMZ but i realize that the port forward and also DMZ can only work in LAN.I try put my IP address to DMZ and turn on apache.I setup asus DDNS and the apache can be access when on lan but not when i use cellullar network on my phone.I also try to remove my IP in DMZ and the apche cannot be access by both LAN and cellular which mean that my DMZ is working but only in LAN.Anyone know how to solve the problem.

MasterWigu

Honorable
Aug 19, 2016
I had some minecraft servers on my computer, what i did was:

-In the router, port forward port 25565 (default) to the computer that is hosting the server (that computer is in the LAN, you can find its ip in the task manager)
-Open the port 25565 in windows firewall (both in and out and TCP and UDP)
-Configure DDNS in the router
-Start the server (you must use the dedicated server .jar, not the "open to LAN" option in the menu of the game)

If you have any problem you can use some open port checker, like this:
https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and check for port 25565
If it says its open but your friends cant connect, try to give them your public IP address (the one that appears in the open port checker site) and see if they can connect.

Don't forget that they must insert the port when adding the server (i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25565)

Sep 12, 2019
I had some minecraft servers on my computer, what i did was:

-In the router, port forward port 25565 (default) to the computer that is hosting the server (that computer is in the LAN, you can find its ip in the task manager)
-Open the port 25565 in windows firewall (both in and out and TCP and UDP)
-Configure DDNS in the router
-Start the server (you must use the dedicated server .jar, not the "open to LAN" option in the menu of the game)

If you have any problem you can use some open port checker, like this:
https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and check for port 25565
If it says its open but your friends cant connect, try to give them your public IP address (the one that appears in the open port checker site) and see if they can connect.

Don't forget that they must insert the port when adding the server (i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25565)

i tried to port forwarding the 25565 port,open port in firewall,DDNS already setup,and start MC server but still not working.The checker website also said 25565 not open,my WAN IP in router page and in that website are different.