Question Port Forward Errors

Jul 8, 2019
Trying to make an MC server for just me and my friends but fail to port-forward. I get a time-out error every single time, help =(

Jul 8, 2019
Have you verified that the server is accessible on the LAN?

What model router do you have?
Have you verified that you have a public IP address on the WAN port of the router?

How do I verify the server is accessible on the LAN? Uhh all I know is that when I use my ipv4 I join, when I use my public ip or when anyone else uses their public ip they can't join. Not on the same network but from a different network.

My router is a technicolour, don't remember model # and I'm at work now so I can't check...

Wdym the WAN port of the number and how do I verify if I have a public ip on that port?

Sorry for the stupid questions, I unfortunately know nothing about networking..

kanewolf

Titan
You verify it is available on the LAN by using another PC connected to the same router to access via the private IP address (192.168.x.y).

How do you verity if you have a public IP address --- If you login to the router it will usually show you the WAN IP address. If it isn't 192.168.x.y or 10.x.y.z then you probably have a public IP address. If you are unsure, post the first two sets of digits.

Jul 8, 2019
You mean I connect to the server using my ipv4 but from a different computer? I can do that in 30' from now. I will give you the 2 first sets of digits then too but I believe it isn't like the 2 you told me.

Jul 8, 2019
Aight, my laptop won't turn on, meaning I can't check what you asked me to.
If I remember correctly, a wan IP is the public one, and the 1st 2 number sets are 212.251

kanewolf

Titan
Aight, my laptop won't turn on, meaning I can't check what you asked me to.
If I remember correctly, a wan IP is the public one, and the 1st 2 number sets are 212.251
OK, a 212.251 IP address is a public IP. Does that IP address match when you use the IP check websites -- https://www.whatsmyip.org/ ? If so then you should be able to port forward.
You will need to find the model of the router to get specific directions on port forwarding that model.

You also do need to verify that server is working on your local network. If it isn't working locally, then it won't work with a port forward.

Jul 8, 2019
Yep, that's the IP confirmed on the website you showed me. Tried to use portforward.com to do the forwarding but it failed, the router is a technicolor TD5136V2.

I can connect to the server using my ipv4 (so, Lan IP? Starts with 192.168) But not using my public (wan?) IP. (The one starting with 212.(etc)

Jul 8, 2019
The IP is static, used an online guide to do it and j think it worked. Yes, I followed the guide but now that I remember it, I had to add a UDP port that it wouldn't allow me to, I keep getting a "duplicate port" error, but no other app uses that port..

Jul 8, 2019
2m4t3eg.png
107v254.jpg
20zz8cz.png
2h80c4i.png
2zssg3o.png

Can you screen capture the router page and post it?
there ya go ^^

TRENDING THREADS