port forward help

Jul 13, 2018
I've watched so many tutorial about port forward. And somehow my port is still timed out. Is there any difference between port forwarding, port forwarding (application list), and application list section in my router? Also, I can't find the firewall to unblock if there are any.

here is the pic.
2LZTHDr.png

And last, is there any difference of ipv4 that is in my cmd and the ip addres that im getting in whatismyip.com or any websites?

sorry, im kinda new to this.

Solution
When you port forward it's so that inbound connections can be made behind your NAT. A NAT typically blocks all inbound connections. The way the NAT works is connections from in on the public ip / port and it sends it to private ip / port using forwarding. Connecting from the outside requires the public ip. The server behind the NAT should have a fixed lease private ip so it doesn't change. Look up the ports that need to be forwarded and point them to the server. the app list probably just pulls ports from a stored list in the event you don't know the port.

If you have two NATs at home it will require port forwarding twice or ideally removing one. The ISP can block ports as well. Testing can really only be done by trying to connect to...
When you port forward it's so that inbound connections can be made behind your NAT. A NAT typically blocks all inbound connections. The way the NAT works is connections from in on the public ip / port and it sends it to private ip / port using forwarding. Connecting from the outside requires the public ip. The server behind the NAT should have a fixed lease private ip so it doesn't change. Look up the ports that need to be forwarded and point them to the server. the app list probably just pulls ports from a stored list in the event you don't know the port.

If you have two NATs at home it will require port forwarding twice or ideally removing one. The ISP can block ports as well. Testing can really only be done by trying to connect to the server with the program you are running. make sure the server is running the program and the server has firewall rules to pass for that port. If the program is known for security issues it can result in free access to your network/server. Don't forward more ports than needed and don't use upnp or "dmz host".

Solution