[SOLVED] Port forward not working

Solution
If the IP assigned to the wan port does not match the IP you see on a site like whatsmyip then port forwarding will never work. The ISP has a NAT router between you and the internet and you would have to place port forwarding rules there which is not possible.
To be open the program has to actually be active on that port and the traffic must not be blocked by any form of firewall.

If that is good how did you get your public IP. Did you get it from the router or some other way. Your router should show the IP assigned to your WAN port.

Jul 21, 2021
To be open the program has to actually be active on that port and the traffic must not be blocked by any form of firewall.

If that is good how did you get your public IP. Did you get it from the router or some other way. Your router should show the IP assigned to your WAN port.
sorry i meant to say i got my external ip addresses, not my public and inside of cmd i ran the command netstat -ab and beside the port it said "TIME_WAIT" and my firewall is also off

Last edited:
If the IP assigned to the wan port does not match the IP you see on a site like whatsmyip then port forwarding will never work. The ISP has a NAT router between you and the internet and you would have to place port forwarding rules there which is not possible.

Solution