Port Forwarding Failed (I've Tried My Best)

Jul 6, 2018
Im trying to port forward a minecraft server on port 25565. I've added my port to the router and set a static ip address for my laptop. I have allowed port 25565 with kaspersky (I followed this: https://support.kaspersky.com/12950). I have even used pf port checker to scan if I have two connecting routers (which is no). But still, It cant work. Does any1 know how to fix this?

Router: DSL-2750E

Solution
1. Does you have a router and a modem?
2. Is your modem from ISP in bridged mode?
3. Allow port through Windows Firewall?
4. Proper port forwarding done on router?
5. Static IP configured on server?

1 and 2 are important. By default ISPs do not place modems into bridged or passthrough modes and when someone adds their own router to the mix it creates a double NAT. This causes all sorts of problems.

Called your ISP and make sure modem is bridged and firewalls are off etc...

Also for local Windows Firewall. Simply turning off Windows Firewall isn't enough as by default it will just block connections. Go into Advanced Windows Firewall and manually create ports to allow inbound and outbound.
Jul 6, 2018

I've done both of that. I've registered my port 25565 with my pc's static ip in the router. I've tried enabling DMZ too but it wont work.

Jul 6, 2018

Im not quite familiar with double router stuffs, so I downloaded the port forward network utilities to check if I have two routers(link: https://portforward.com/d-link/network-utilities.htm Its trial version) . It shows that I do not have two routers.

jI4SmG.jpg

I believe tracert is useful for detecting two routers but idk how to read it

DQhYg0.jpg

Anyways im not sure but maybe port forwarding wrongly is the reason. Can you check if I did it correctly? Bcoz i didnt see any colums prompting me for it.

ngvtps.jpg

Jul 6, 2018

Im sorry, what do you mean by diagram?

The screen print of the router's configuration has been attached above(last pic)

Edit: I'll attach it again
ngvtps.jpg

1. Does you have a router and a modem?
2. Is your modem from ISP in bridged mode?
3. Allow port through Windows Firewall?
4. Proper port forwarding done on router?
5. Static IP configured on server?

1 and 2 are important. By default ISPs do not place modems into bridged or passthrough modes and when someone adds their own router to the mix it creates a double NAT. This causes all sorts of problems.

Called your ISP and make sure modem is bridged and firewalls are off etc...

Also for local Windows Firewall. Simply turning off Windows Firewall isn't enough as by default it will just block connections. Go into Advanced Windows Firewall and manually create ports to allow inbound and outbound.

Solution