[SOLVED] Port Forwarding In Different Router Using Bridge Mode ?

Nov 9, 2021
  • Provide us with the make and model of your laptop (if applicable) : Asus TUF A15
  • Provide us with the make and model of your router : TP - Link TL - WR840N
  • Provide us with the make and model of your modem : UGRID - UNT-G-13-0-2-R-W
  • Provide us with the exact specifications of your PC (if applicable) including: Asus TUF A15
    • You will also need to post your ISP and connection type*. : Megavision - Fiber
    • You will also need to post the exact number of devices connected to your router (this includes tablets, smart phones, laptops, and desktop PCs) as some routers can only handle a specific number of devices at a time. : 4 Devices
    • Post any and all error messages you are getting from your ISP or Windows itself : None

So hi guys I need some help , so I kinda want to buy this tp link router , because the one provided by my isp , doesn't have dmz / port forwarding.

so the question is can I like make something like a bridge mode between the one that provided by my isp to the tp link one and do port forward on the tp link devices ?
(like I just grab an ethernet cable , plug it to the one that provided by my isp and connect it also to the tp link router)?

any help is really appreciated since I'm quite new to networking itself
Thanks !

Solution
I would try it myself personally, as long as you create a backup and copy all the settings down. Make sure you know how to factory reset the UGRID device just in case.

Make sure you have the same settings available on your TPLINK router. VLAN Mode(TAG), VLAN ID (1507), PPP Protocol, etc...
Nov 9, 2021
I can't seem to find a manual for your UGRID device: https://www.ugridnet.com/product/onu-unt-series/

Can you access the user interface of this device?

If it does have a true bridge mode for this GPON device, then you can install any router to do port forwarding as long as you can get it into bridge mode.

Yes I can access the interface , ill check it out ,
yeah me too I cant find the manual for this devices also ... somehow its not public or its not released yet -.-. ill gave update as soon as possible

Nov 9, 2021
I can't seem to find a manual for your UGRID device: https://www.ugridnet.com/product/onu-unt-series/

Can you access the user interface of this device?

If it does have a true bridge mode for this GPON device, then you can install any router to do port forwarding as long as you can get it into bridge mode.
unknown.png

This one ?
I manage to find the manual on the device itself implemented , but it seems like it was for different devices because some of the features on the guide were not available on the device itself. it seems one manual used for all devices ... i don't know ...
Here I uploaded it to google docs : Manual

kanewolf

Titan
Yes I can access the interface , ill check it out ,
yeah me too I cant find the manual for this devices also ... somehow its not public or its not released yet -.-. ill gave update as soon as possible
Without a manual to assist us, your best bet is to ask your ISP if bridge mode is possible or if there is an alternate model they support that is just a modem or has brdige mode.

I would try it myself personally, as long as you create a backup and copy all the settings down. Make sure you know how to factory reset the UGRID device just in case.

Make sure you have the same settings available on your TPLINK router. VLAN Mode(TAG), VLAN ID (1507), PPP Protocol, etc...

Solution
Nov 9, 2021

Okay ill try it and post the result here , hope it works out

Nov 9, 2021
Okay ill try it and post the result here , hope it works out
unknown.png
Untitled.png

Hey, here's an update , so the tp link arrive today , and i try the bridge mode , set ran quick setup on tp link and stuff..., it works, also i add some more additional image for the modem itself , uhhh it looks quite stripped down , like the supposed place for power , catv and USB were left unused . but the strange things is that on the web interface menu there's an option for catv , but no matter what i do like changing the value on the settings it wont save .

- Stab a straight lan cable to the gpon lan1 get socket , and stab the other end to tp link wan socket,
open gpon settings , go to wan , screen shot the page , set the mode to bridge stab , plug in tp link to the power outlet , grab another straight cable and connect it to lan1 port on tp link , and stab the other end to PC / laptop , open tp link admin page , run quick setup , operation mode as router , set encryption as ppoe , connect and done ! should be connected

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS