Port forwarding issues with ZTE ZXDSL 931 VII V3.0

Solution
Did you try to access the external IP from inside or outside your network. Many routers do not support accessing the outside ip from a device on the lan....they get very confused. You would need to test from a device that is actually on a different external network.

gbb0330

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

Looks correct.

please confirm you can view the camera from a web browser inside the network by going to 192.168.10.9:8090

keep in mind that your public IP may change, unless you are paying for a static IP. So double check your public IP before you try accessing the camera from outside.

J-mason211

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015

i can access the camera from that ip and the camera uses a ddns link. On the status it says ddns success but when i try and go on the link it says error connection refused, it does the same when i enter my external ip and port number

Did you try to access the external IP from inside or outside your network. Many routers do not support accessing the outside ip from a device on the lan....they get very confused. You would need to test from a device that is actually on a different external network.

Solution

J-mason211

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015

thanks this worked another thing to note is my router wasn't up to date so didn't allow port forwarding, the blue update light came on this morning and they must have added it.