Question Port forwarding No Longer Working?

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
I have two routers, one from Frontier, one that goes to my room. I had previously set up a server pc to port forward minecraft. It worked perfectly. I portforwarded my room router using my device ip, and I went to my service provider router and port forwarded my router address the same ports.

NOW*

I bought another computer to replace the old server. I don't know what happened, I figured it was a router problem after hours of troubleshooting the new pc. BECAUSE, my ports for the Frontier Router was gone. And NOW, not even the old server pc have open ports. I have unplugged both of them for about 20 seconds. I let them reboot. I DMZ the routers, I checked the ports. I checked their ip4 addresses. For some reason they are forwarding anymore. I assume my frontier router reset. Should I take out the DMZ and reboot again? I'm not sure if there is a security wall or something. If anyone has suggestions or questions please help!

I just dont want to have to keep turning on and off the routers. It's a hassle when I have a house full of people who need to use internet.

Last edited:

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
When you changed the server pc, the routers had to assign a new ip address to the new pc. To get it working again you have to change the port forwarding rule to the newly assigned DHCP address. Static LAN IP Addresses stop this from happening.
Thanks! I managed to get it to work about an hour after posting this. It took a lot of tweaking and playing around with, but eventually it work. Literally put the same thing I was putting for the past few hours but now it worked for some reason.