Port Forwarding not working

MblaZe7run

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Well, here I am again. Tuning in to Tom's Hardware so I can hopefully find a solution to my ongoing port forwarding headache.

First off, I must point out that my ISP only blocks port 25. I'm not trying to forward this port, so it's no big deal to me.

I've tried three different setups now. The first was my provided Netgear 7550 modem/router combo. It wouldn't port forward, and I read reviews saying that it had trouble with it anyways (I still have it, just not in use.). My next device was a Netgear DGN2200v4 modem/router combo. Same problem, it wouldn't port forward. I returned that device to pursue setup three. Currently, I am using a Netgear DM111PSP ADSL2+ Modem with a Linksys WRT54Gv8 router. The issue still exists. I've also used the standard firmware and dd-wrt on my WRT54Gv8, neither would forward my ports. I've contacted my ISP and Netgear for my first and second setups, and neither company was able to help me in any way. I have yet to consult the dd-wrt forums to see if they can find a solution, but I figured I'd try here first.

If anyone is able to help in any way, even just contributing a fix to try, please, by all means, leave a reply. I will be actively watching and participating in this thread.

MblaZe7run

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

I'm not trying to forward port 25, I explicitly stated that.

I'm just trying to forward port 25565, the default Minecraft port, at the moment. I always use it as a test to see if port forwarding is working. I plan on forwarding the respective port to what ever game server I am hosting.