Port forwarding not working.

Jul 23, 2018
Im trying to Forward the ports on my router, but when I test them online, it says that the port is closed.

I have used both UDP and TCP protocol on 62842, and I've used 192.168.1.5 as the internal host, I disabled both the windows firewall and the router firewall, but it still doesn't work.

Solution
If your ISP provide you a modem/router unit, contact them so they can place it in "bridge mode". That way, it can hand off a PUBLIC IP (not private) to your own personal router.

stdragon

Admirable
Two scenarios where you're having trouble.

Scenario 1. You're double-NATing. Meaning, the WAN/Internet port of your router is actually receiving a private IP from your ISP. This is known as Carrier-grade NAT (CGN). If so, the solution is to either disable NAT at the ISP provided modem so your router's WAN/Internet port is assigned a public IP, or perform the port forwarding from the ISP modem/router unit and then place your PC behind the DMZ of your own personal router.

Scenario 2. You're not using all the correct ports or the port range required by the application you're attempting to host.