Dec 1, 2019
My NAT type in the new Cod MW 2019 is set to STRICT and i learned that i have to port forward in order to change that.
Okay so.. i did everything, 1st of all checked my IPCONFIG in command prompt so i know the correct IP, 2nd went and changed my router settings, 3rd opened ports in firewall and added exceptions for both Cod and Battlenet services, tried disabling firewall altogether.. nothing worked, ports are still closed.
I feel like I've exhausted every option and idk what to do anymore. I'm usually able to solve any issue but this has me frustrated af.
Please help

Router settings

Solution
Question regarding IP addresses 192.168.5.1 and 192.168.5.51 as shown in your Router settings.

Router IP is 192.168.5.1 - is that IP address assignment as intended and correct?

And the target device for port forwarding has been deliberately given/assigned the static IP address of 192.,168.5.51 - correct?

192.168.5.51 is inside the DHCP IP address range of 192.168.5.10-199.

The target device for the port forwarding should have a static IP outside of the DHCP IP address range and that static IP address should be reserved for that target device via the target device's MAC.

In the first screen you present there appears (upper left) to be a tab "Static DHCP". That may be the place to establish the target device's Static IP.

Ralston18

Titan
Question regarding IP addresses 192.168.5.1 and 192.168.5.51 as shown in your Router settings.

Router IP is 192.168.5.1 - is that IP address assignment as intended and correct?

And the target device for port forwarding has been deliberately given/assigned the static IP address of 192.,168.5.51 - correct?

192.168.5.51 is inside the DHCP IP address range of 192.168.5.10-199.

The target device for the port forwarding should have a static IP outside of the DHCP IP address range and that static IP address should be reserved for that target device via the target device's MAC.

In the first screen you present there appears (upper left) to be a tab "Static DHCP". That may be the place to establish the target device's Static IP.

Solution
There should be another screen that shows the wan IP. If it matches the manual I found it is on a screen called connection status. Do not post this.

What you want to do is see if the WAN ip it shows is the same as you see on sites like whatsmyip. If these IP are different it is likely you do not have a public IP address. You can lookup what is private/public to see what range your IP is in but if that IP is different from ones external sites see there is a router doing NAT in the path. You would have to do port forward on that router and it likely is in the ISP control.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
first, let's get things squared away like this:

You need to change your ipv4 address on your PC in properties of network adapter to a manual address so that it is static and doesn't change.

use a good DNS service. Something like Google's 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 ( I personally use either the 1.1.1.1 DNS or just leave it up to my ISP by putting my default router/gateway IP in the primary slot)

Next, once you've setup your static IP, you need to set up the port forwarding for that IP in your router settings.

Once you've done that, you need to check that the ports are actually opened up by using https://www.canyouseeme.org/

for the public IP address it's simple.
Just google "My IP" and Google will show you your public IP.

If after you do the port forward check and it comes back negative, then I need to ask what router you are using.

Are you using an ISP provided one or is it a personally purchased one?
Is it just a router? or a modem/router combo unit?

Dec 21, 2019
first, let's get things squared away like this:

You need to change your ipv4 address on your PC in properties of network adapter to a manual address so that it is static and doesn't change.

use a good DNS service. Something like Google's 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 ( I personally use either the 1.1.1.1 DNS or just leave it up to my ISP by putting my default router/gateway IP in the primary slot)

Next, once you've setup your static IP, you need to set up the port forwarding for that IP in your router settings.

Once you've done that, you need to check that the ports are actually opened up by using https://www.canyouseeme.org/

for the public IP address it's simple.
Just google "My IP" and Google will show you your public IP.

If after you do the port forward check and it comes back negative, then I need to ask what router you are using.

Are you using an ISP provided one or is it a personally purchased one?
Is it just a router? or a modem/router combo unit?

I am having an issue of my own in this thread:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/i-spontaneously-can-no-longer-port-forward.3556788/
Can you help me, also I spent $60 on my own router with no other options yet my ports still refuse to forward...