[SOLVED] Port Forwarding on a bridge connection

Mar 10, 2019
Ok, so this is a problem I've been struggling with for about 6 years. I was never able to forward ports because of things I've never understood. Hope you can help me.

• I have an antenna that recieves the internet from my ISP.
  • The antenna is connected to my router by ethernet, and that router is the one that distributes internet other routers, and it's directly connected to my PC by cable too.
  • When I type my Default Gateway IP, I reach the antenna, not the router.
  • In the antenna WAN configuration, I see 2 IP's, that are on the same network, but the last 3 numbers are different, for example: 1) IP Address (192.168.50.xxx). 2) Gateway IP (192.168.50.xxx)
  • The IP that my router gives to me is different to the previous two, for example; IPv4: 192.168.30.xxx.

The problem?
  • I don't know which IP should I have to use to forward ports: The IP from the Antenna or the IP that my router gives to me?
  • Should I forward ports on BOTH DEVICES? Should I disconnect the antenna and forward the ports on the router, and then on the antenna?

I've always tried using the IPv4 that appeared after typing <ipconfig> but it never worked.
Thank you!

Solution
First you need to get a sense of what "port forwarding" is and how that is done.

For the most part the important parts are all setup by configuring your network router accordingly.

First Step Starter link:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-port-forward-4163829

Second Step - your router's User Guide/Manual

And I noted that you have multiple routers. Only one router should be providing DHCP IP addresses or otherwise managing port forwarding.

What is your network setup? For example reference the following generic line diagram:

ISP ---> modem --->router---- Ethernet -----> devices and/or ~~ wireless~~> devices.

Update the line diagram to show you network devices and configuration.

Include device make and model information...

Ralston18

Titan
First you need to get a sense of what "port forwarding" is and how that is done.

For the most part the important parts are all setup by configuring your network router accordingly.

First Step Starter link:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-port-forward-4163829

Second Step - your router's User Guide/Manual

And I noted that you have multiple routers. Only one router should be providing DHCP IP addresses or otherwise managing port forwarding.

What is your network setup? For example reference the following generic line diagram:

ISP ---> modem --->router---- Ethernet -----> devices and/or ~~ wireless~~> devices.

Update the line diagram to show you network devices and configuration.

Include device make and model information. Then we can refer to some common document(s). E.g., the applicable router User Guides/Manuals.

And do be aware that you will need admin rights to the routers - otherwise it is all moot.

Solution
Mar 10, 2019
Hello, thanks you for your time. I made a sketch so I can compensate my english level:
View: https://imgur.com/LIftUjT

I'm going to proceed to replace the diagram in case that helps:
ISP ----> Access Point -----> Main Router (Linksys E900) -----> My desktop computer / also Linksys E900 ~~> Mobile Phones
What is more: Main Router (Linksys E900) ----> Ethernet ----> Router 1 and Router 2
So, I think it's the Linksys E900 the one who does the DHCP.
Unfortunately, the only way I can access the Linksys E900 configuration, is by disconnecting it from the Access Point.
Lastly, if I type my default gateway, I reach the Access Point.

Hope that I explained it right

The device you call a access point is acting as a router if it is your default gateway. Any port forwarding must be done in that device.

I am going to bet that the ubiquiti device is provided by your ISP and you have no access. Although it is most commonly used as a bridge it does have the ability to run as a router.

Mar 10, 2019
The device you call a access point is acting as a router if it is your default gateway. Any port forwarding must be done in that device.

I am going to bet that the ubiquiti device is provided by your ISP and you have no access. Although it is most commonly used as a bridge it does have the ability to run as a router.

Yes, you are correct. Although, I have access. My doubt is: Which IP do I have to use when I forward ports? The one promted after typing <ipconfig>, or the one that appears on the WAN configuration in the Access Point?

Its been a long times since I tried that in a ubiquiti. Most times the wan ip makes no difference. Be very sure the wan IP is the same as you see on sites like whatsmyip. If not there is another router in the path and port forwarding will never work.

On most routers you only use the IP you see in the IPCONFIG command. This is the local IP of your machine. The router knows its own WAN IP it does not know what machine you want to sent it to so that part is required.