Port forwarding problem

dragonfrom12

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Well I'm attempting to create a mine craft server on centos 7. I have it running on the server (a dell optiplex 2950 iii.) 2 Ethernet cords are plugged in. the server is up up and running, but it is invisible to my verizon router. I'm running the internet cable through about 4 Ethernet switches and one of the switches is also branching off to a router that has no connection to the line to the pc. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to networkorking so apologies for my lack of understanding. Thanks in advance.

dragonfrom12

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
i have now assessed the situation further, I had a cable/dsl router blocking the device from the primary modem. and i also had an apple airport extreme blocking it. i now have the apple airport set to a bridged network, replaced the dsl/cable router with an ethernet switch i had laying around. the signal is being retrieved by the modem, but the port is reading closed or connection refused on http://www.canyouseeme.org/ . i did try port forwarding what i believe to be the ip for the server, but it still refused it. my next solution shall be to set the ip to static and only have 1 ethernet cable connected.

TRENDING THREADS